• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:00 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

September Meetup

Started by mettiu, September 06, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mettiu

Hi everyone,
I'm Mat, a new member here, Keith introduced me to the forum a few months ago.
I am a relatively new homebrewer - so far I had 4 successful all-grain batches (and a few bad ones initially).

I'd like to propose a new meetup this month as most of you couldn't make it in July.
We received exceptional treatment in Mother Mac's, the lads are very interested in the club and already offered us to continue hosting future meetings. A big thanks to them!

So as a starting point I'm suggesting the three Thursdays left in September: 14th, 21st, 28th.
Let's say around 7:30 PM.

I started a poll with the three suggested options (you can select multiple), and a fourth one where you can add a different date.
Let me know what you think!

Mat

brettdundee

Hi Mat,
Welcome to the club.  Looking forward to a meetup. I just posted the invite to the Hops picking day sometime in the next three weeks. I didn't mean to clash with the Mother Mac proposal but the hops will brown and wilt if not picked soon. Please come along to the hops afternoon. Its a great day out.

Dracusse

Keg

Count me in for either 14th or 21st!  Got some American Wheat Ale and a fake lager to sample (us-05)!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

bazkennedy

21st is the only date that suits me I'm afraid. Off to some small beer festival in germany the week after  :)

Keg

Quote from: bazkennedy on September 08, 2017, 01:49:27 PM
21st is the only date that suits me I'm afraid. Off to some small beer festival in germany the week after  :)

See you there! 8)

mettiu

Hi everyone, considering the votes so far I'd suggest Thursday 21st of September to be the final date. I will check with the lads in Mother Mac's and give you the confirmation.
I hope you all manage to come! :)

Dracusse

Sadly i wont make it on 21 ;(  have a good time lads ;)

RobShamrock

Hey Guys, I've John Bishop tickets in dolans on night of 21st so cant make it, missed July to as away on hols. October ?? hopefully, will have two brews for sharing then too !

mettiu

Hi guys,
Just to confirm that we're set for next Thursday (21st) at 7:30 PM in Mother Mac's (in the back room).
I'm looking forward to it!

It's a pity some of you won't be able to make it, but I already support any future initiatives :)

Keg

Hope some of ye are set for tomorrow lads, let us know here if you are planning on attending!

brettdundee

I am hoping to get there, but I still have a good bit of preparations for Saturday (like building a wind break) so I'm 50/50 at the moment.
I can't wait to see you guys and Mother Macs - I was never there.

Enjoy

beernut

Quote from: brettdundee on September 20, 2017, 09:35:43 PM
I am hoping to get there, but I still have a good bit of preparations for Saturday (like building a wind break) so I'm 50/50 at the moment.
I can't wait to see you guys and Mother Macs - I was never there.

Enjoy

I'll be there around 8.

bazkennedy

Disapointed I missed this. Didn't get home until after 11pm last night  :( :( :(

Keg

It was a great night, with a few good beers and meads, hopefully you can make it next time.

A few sore heads this morning I'd say...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk