• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:25:34 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

August Meetup 3PM Sunday 11th August @ Gradys Yard

Started by ac13, July 10, 2019, 02:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ac13

July 10, 2019, 02:59:59 PM Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:53:50 AM by ac13
The third meeting of the South Eastern/Copper Coast brewers will take place at Sunday 11th August 2019 at 3pm Gradys Yard.

Agenda
Chair: ac13
If there is something that you want added to the agenda, please let me know and I will add it here for discussion.

3:00 - arrive get a beer/lunch and settle in
3:15 - meeting proper starts. (ac13 to chair)
- introductions, brewing experience and history
- any news items (upcoming festivals, events, competitions)
3:30-4:00 - first presentation: ac13 - Hops 101 - An Intro to Hops
4:00-4:15 - second presentation: if anyone has something they wish to share in this slot please let me know and I will add
4:15-5:00 - members tastings (who, style, strength)

ac13 - California Common
ac13 - Ginger Beer

(we will try to order these in increasing order of palate friendliness)
5:00 - Club Business - AOB

Slev

I was lucky enough to pop into the last meeting for the South Eastern crew. Was very impressed, i must say. Alot of very valuable information shared, along with some interesting beer tastings.
I was a bit astonished with the effort put into the presentations, along with the research required especially the various fermentaion agents - not a small effort. And transporting a 4l keg for dispensing, isn't without effort either.
The Gose is something I've added to my list of must dos!

Thank you for being so generous with your time and knowledge. Its great to meet with others, and see how things are done- from brewing, to simply hosting a well organised meeting!

Great stuff lads. Can highly recommend to anyone in the area to pop in if at all possible. Great venue also

Slev

TheSumOfAllBeers

Hey it was good to have you, glad you enjoyed it.

On the presentations we want to start a habit of always having them, with a volunteer presenter for each meet, and the chairman keeps something in reserve. Experienced brewers will happily drop into any topic, but novices/curious it helps to have something be an ice breaker.

It doesn't always have to be powerpoint or something that is heavily researched. in my experience, the more involved a presentation the less likely people are going to commit to it, or complete it when they do.

If you have portable kit, thats easy to demonstrate its use in the environment we have. You could easily do something simple like a bottling demonstration, doing an alkalinity test, or even bring in some left of field brewing kit and talk about how its used.

If you know all the cheats, its easy to keep up the output.

ac13

Just a quick reminder that this is happening this Sunday 11th August 2019 at 3pm Gradys Yard.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Still hoping to make this, though if I do, will have to drag the whole family.

Will certainly bust a few stereotypes about typical attendance at brew meet ups