• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 05, 2024, 04:59:16 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Barrel Project - The Schedule

Started by Bubbles, April 18, 2013, 01:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

Shanna

Quote from: shiny on May 11, 2014, 07:09:20 PM
I'm bottling in 500ml bottles.  8)
I find the beer nice but the whiskey has an evil kick that.does nasty things to me in quantities. My plan is to bottle.a.portion of this and stash it in  my grandparents shed that has near cellar temperatures. This has the added advantage of keeping me from drinking it :)

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Evil kick... sounds good....

Probably a wise move to stash some of it away. Think how good it will taste in a year or two...? Magic.

beerfly

was looking at how much yeast to use.  looks like 1 million cells per ml of beer so about 1 gram dry yeast or close to 10ml of slurry.

as for the yeast dont think it matters too much, the same or something with less attenuation will do. 
have some mauribrew that is a few months out of that that should still be ok or will just use some slurry from my current brew

Bubbles

Quote from: shiny on May 11, 2014, 06:09:14 PM
Yeah I was going to bottle condition mine, just need to decide on what yeast to use. Bit paranoid about it not carbonating.

As long as the bottle-conditioning yeast doesn't attenuate more than the yeast you used to ferment the beer, you should be ok. In our case, us-05 is about as attenuative as it gets for an ale yeast.

Bubbles

Quote from: beerfly on May 11, 2014, 08:17:46 PM
was looking at how much yeast to use.  looks like 1 million cells per ml of beer so about 1 gram dry yeast or close to 10ml of slurry.

as for the yeast dont think it matters too much, the same or something with less attenuation will do. 
have some mauribrew that is a few months out of that that should still be ok or will just use some slurry from my current brew

As little as 1g, that's a surprise. Rehydrated i presume?