• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:21:22 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

beer trip to dublin

Started by matthewdick23, May 21, 2013, 12:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewdick23

hi guys

me and a group of friends are planning a wkend end of june down to dublin. stay in a friends house and spend fri night and all day sat drinking wonderful beers in dublin.

where should we go? anyone want to suggest a sort of itinerary?

thanks

matthew

DEMPSEY

Well if you are coming by train you can walk out of the station and start in the brewdock .
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

matthewdick23

we are driving and will be based in donnybrook. so can taxi to wherever. is brewdock worth investigating? or more cos of location to train station?

Padraic

Brewdock wins on location, for anyone based on a trainline or the red luas, as well as any bus eireann bus...

The brewdock's sister pubs Against the Grain and The black sheep are as good if not better (I tend to spend more time in the brew dock due to the location (halfway on my walk home :))

I'd say that Friday night for late pints of craft beer, farrington's or the porterhouse in temple bar.

For food and beer The bull and castle, L Mulligan Grocer and W J Kavanaghs can't be beaten, for cask W J Kavanaghs and possibly The black sheep. (So all good options on Saturday)

I don't know anywhere out near donnybrook that I can recommend!

So fairly random but there you go!

Shane Phelan

If you want value for money with great selection and location the Bull and Castle is the best in that respect.

I have lost patience paying €6/€7 for pints.
Brew Log

Bubbles

I'd second "Against the Grain" for the huge choice on draught. The other night I sampled two of the single-hopped Flying Dog IPAs: Chinook and Citra. At the moment, they've also got the limited edition Sierra Nevada black IPA. An impressive selection, I'm sure you'll agree. Especially if you like the hoppy stuff.