• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 08:15:08 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Books - Beer and Food pairing

Started by Padraic, June 18, 2013, 01:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

The new forum has been perfectly timed, I just got a box from Amazon this morning which includes Garret Oliver's "Brewmaster's Table". Does anyone else have any interesting beer tasting books?

I know there are sections in some books, Randy Mosher's "Tasting Beer" comes to mind...

brenmurph

Brewmasters Table great book ;)..tons of bedtime reading in there.....

Bubbles

I don't have the book myself, but I believe Stone Brewing's book has a big focus on food. Or cooking with beer, at the very least.

Padraic

Quote from: Bubbles on July 04, 2013, 04:32:03 PM
I don't have the book myself, but I believe Stone Brewing's book has a big focus on food. Or cooking with beer, at the very least.

Looks interesting, it has been added to the list!

Eoin

It's interesting, in Germany we had beers that were considered good with food, but not specific types of food, they didn't go into it in any detail, but then a pils is considered to be food over there.....

Jever Pils, Krombacher pils and Stauder pils were considered to be good beers with food. Jever especially as it was "herb" or bitter.

mr hoppy

Brewmaster's table definitely, although I would feel it does have a bit of a "gentrification" agenda. The bits about cheese and food in Oxford Encyclopedia ( edited by Garret Oliver who wrote BT) were quite good.