• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 01:11:20 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

campsite near the city

Started by brenmurph, June 19, 2013, 07:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Hiya lads,

Brendan here from Kildare regional group.

was thinkin of headin to FW this weekend,

I was lookin online for a campsite and they all seem to be 20 or 50 miles from cork.

In dublin we have a campsite run by the county council a great little spot just a short hop from Dublin on the bus or 20 euros on a taxi.

Does anyone know of a campsite, even a small little family run one one that isnt online cos I cant fint anything near cork city..

any help appreciated...cant afford a hotel they seem to be sky high prices this weekend...........is rhianna or mickal bubbles playin in cork this weekend or do B& B always cost 100 smakers in cork?

Last time I went to FW for the real ale fest my B&B up the road was 50 euros in a grand oul spot.
Basically Ive 100 euros budget  I can afford for my weekend away and was thinkin 20 for diesel, 20 for the campsite and 60 to spend on a few pints :) in FW

regards bren

Chris

The Lee Road, there is quite a bit of farm land on the river side as you go out the road. If you ask locally there shouldn't be a problem. Around 15min walk from the well. Also the Lee Fields on the Carrigrohan straight. 15 or 20 mins walk depending on how far out you go. The Lee fields might look nicer but would be less secure. If you decide in the Lee fields make sure you go out a bit from the start of the walk.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

derfel

I'd say try a Hostel - Bru as mentioned, or http://www.sheilashostel.ie/ are both about 10/15 minutes walk from the Franciscan 

johnrm