• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:03:09 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday - Saturday 27th July 2pm

Started by irish_goat, July 17, 2013, 04:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Location: Derry City Social Club, Crawford Square. http://www.derrycityfc.net/page/social-club.html
Cost: Free

Format:
Introduction to brewing with outline of key ingredients.
Pale Ale Extract Brew
Kit brew.
Tasting: I'll bring along some APA and ginger beer.

If we can fire a few posters up around the town that'd be handy. I'm up tomorrow so I'll see about going round a few places on Friday. I'll give Radio Foyle a text and see if I can get them interested.

I'll bring along extract ingredients and can order a kit as well. Any suggestions?

1. Thomas

Rossa

Don't forget James did an extract how to for capital and I did the AG if you want to use them.

CARA

Thomas I chat away to Mark Patterson-I'll shoot him an email
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Quote from: Rossa on July 17, 2013, 04:51:37 PM
Don't forget James did an extract how to for capital and I did the AG if you want to use them.

Was gonna ask for those.  :)

Quote from: CARA on July 17, 2013, 04:59:26 PM
Thomas I chat away to Mark Patterson-I'll shoot him an email

Happy days.

CARA

Happy days indeed-I'm on the show on Monday!!
Upa Sesh

Tom

irish_goat

Declan is providing a kit of some sort. We can obviously add in extra grains and/or hops to that.

I'm thinking of doing a light pale ale for the competition.  Something like this. I have columbus hops there as well so might swap some of them in there somewhere as well. Might throw a bit more malt in too if I have some in the cupboard.

Tom

Sounds nice. Can't wait to get my nose into the Vacpack of Mosaic!

I'll bring a few bottles along with me, if that's OK. Scotch and whatever else is lying about.

brendy_éire

Quote from: Tom on July 24, 2013, 04:31:30 PMI'll bring a few bottles along with me, if that's OK. Scotch and whatever else is lying about.

Spot on.
I've put the details on the social club's Facebook page and weekly email update. It's also up on the Derrycitychat.com forum.
Will get a poster up at the front door also.

irish_goat

Checklist:

FV x 2
Kettle
Paddle
Whirlfloc
Yeast x2
Hops
Grains
Malt Extract
Kit
Hydrometer
Thermometer
Whirlfloc
Wort Chiller
Syphon
Scales
Muslin bags
VWP
Starsan
Crown capper + caps (just for display purposes)
Homebrew

CARA

Is that what you have or would you like us to check stuff off?
Upa Sesh

CARA

Absolutely fantastic turn out at the DC Club yesterday, we had 24 people at peak and Thomad did a fantastic job keeping everyone interested throughout the day. Tom very kindly brought along a selection of tasty ales alongside Thomas's pale and a certain bottle of fire water also did the rounds!
Write up to follow and next month will see an all grain stout alongside a Geterbrewed donated Coopers kit Stout being brewed.
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Good days craic! Have both the beers fermenting away nicely, was reading 22c on the stick on thermometer but I've wrapped wet towels round them so hoping that brings them down a bit. Might fire some Mosiac into them after they're done fermenting.

Great to hear Get Er Brewed are donating the kit next time too. Make sure to ask for any posters/catalogues they might have.

DCLavs

Called along on Saturday.....good day and picked up some useful tips.Looking forward to the next one and the stout.

Tom

Good man for joining the forum, DCLavs.

Had a great day. Learned stuff, drank beer, significantly 'advanced' my brewing abilities, thanks Cara!