• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 07:39:51 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club competition - W J Kavanagh's - September 24th

Started by Shane Phelan, September 17, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I'll be a steward if needed. Although I probably won't be able to make it up until just before 7 I'd say.

CARA

Ah go on sure ill enter something-it's defo not a winner but won't kill the judges either!!!!
Upa Sesh

Rossa

I might have 3. I'll do a taste test to see. can't make the event though as I have to work.

Damien M

I won't be entering. So canhelp steward.. and have CentraIs Logoed glasses. Perhaps for a first use, if their owners don't mind?

Shane Phelan

Try to add/amend your name to these lists as to whether you are attending or entering. We need to have a good idea on numbers for both the competition and number of seats overall.

Current list of Entrants
01. Shiny - 1 Entry
02. Dr Jacoby - 3 Entries
03. beerfly - 1 Entry
04. Cathal O D - 3 Enteries
05. Rossa  - 2 Entries
06. Fyodor -1 Entry
07. SlugTrap - 1 Entry
08. brenmurph - 3 Entries
09. CARA - 1 Entry

Coming on the night
01. Padraic
02. DaMun
Brew Log

Ash

Current list of Entrants
01. Shiny - 1 Entry
03. beerfly - 1 Entry
05. Rossa  - 2 Entries
06. Fyodor -1 Entry
07. SlugTrap - 1 Entry
09. CARA - 1 Entry

Coming on the night
01. Padraic
02. DaMun
03. Ash

ferg

Current list of Entrants
01. Shiny - 1 Entry
03. beerfly - 1 Entry
05. Rossa  - 2 Entries
06. Fyodor -1 Entry
07. SlugTrap - 1 Entry
09. CARA - 1 Entry

Coming on the night
01. Padraic
02. DaMun
03. Ash
04. Fergal

CARA

Current list of Entrants
01. Shiny - 1 Entry
03. beerfly - 1 Entry
05. Rossa  - 2 Entries
06. Fyodor -1 Entry
07. SlugTrap - 1 Entry
09. CARA - 1 Entry

Coming on the night
01. Padraic
02. DaMun
03. Ash
04. Fergal
05. CARA
Upa Sesh

Dr Jacoby

I'm not happy with any of the beers I had planned to enter, but rather than withdraw them all I'll pick the best of a bad bunch and enter that one. If nothing else I'll be able to test whether I can detect the off flavour on the night.   

Current list of Entrants
01. Shiny - 1 Entry
02. Dr Jacoby - 1 Entry
03. beerfly - 1 Entry
05. Rossa  - 2 Entries
06. Fyodor -1 Entry
07. SlugTrap - 1 Entry
09. CARA - 1 Entry

Coming on the night
01. Padraic
02. DaMun
03. Ash
04. Fergal
05. CARA
Every little helps

brenmurph

I want to send up a couple coz I cant get there on Tuesday, my busiest  evening at work and my busiest month of the year,
If anyone who is goin to the comp happens to be down around kildare, naas direction or heading back the M7 and can pick up a couple of bottles for the comp please let me know....(few nice homebrews as a thank you)
Just mentioning in case someone is passing close by.....

Also does anyone know what the car parking arrangement would be to get to kavanaghs without having to walk a mile from a city carpark?

Ciderhead

Parking round the back or on street opposite.

Sent from my divining rod v2.0

Ciderhead

Bren why are you trotting your entries all the way up to Capital brewers comp? each local club has the right to submit 2-3 entries for this comp, can you not just submit yours as part of Kildares entry, assuming none of your other Kildare members have an entry?

Sent from my divining rod v2.0

brenmurph

Hiya Cider....
long story...sorta promised capitals id send one or two up but as it is the night is impossible to get to. I wanted to enter for the craic and to make up numbers and so on. i asked a while back because it seemed as liffeyers wernt having a comp whereas capital and a couple of others were.

Im aware I can send up on behalf of Kildare region. Many of the beers i have on stock as brewed on one of our many brewdays and  can be entered as a group effort I suppose.

If Capitals have enough entries to make a night of it all the better, I just feel a bit guilty as my name was down on the list and dont want to let anyone down after I promised, but gettin the brew up there is a challenge.