• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:12:47 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New BBQ Restaurant in Dublin......Yes

Started by magnethead, October 10, 2013, 03:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnethead

Just starting to get into the whole Smoked meat thingy....and I noticed a BBQ Restaurant has opened in Dublin.....Menu looks like the REAL DEAL

Has anyone been to it or have an opinion? Heading there on Saturday hopefully

http://www.pittbrosbbq.com/

Damien M

Very cool one page web page!

More should do that  cos Less IS More!!

Eoin

I've been to Bison bar, had a pulled pork sandwich. I have to admit, I found it very sweet. My own pulled pork, while not smoked, is a lot less sweet. The sauce and the rub were OTT for sweetness to my taste. I suppose it's a yank thing.

Sent using a complex system of semaphore and ninjas.

Dr Jacoby

Quote from: Eoin on October 10, 2013, 03:53:17 PM
I've been to Bison bar, had a pulled pork sandwich.

You should try the brisket next time. It's heavenly. Their beans are amazing too.

I agree the sauce is very sweet though. And they have a poor beer selection.
Every little helps

Eoin

I avoided the beer, had a whiskey sour instead. I will go back, want to try pittbros too. Damn you Guy Fieri and DDD!!

Sent using a complex system of semaphore and ninjas.

Shane Phelan

I'm thinking that this place is going to sort me out between competitions next weekend.
Brew Log

magnethead

Managed to get to Pitt Bros on Sat, I'm no expert but the Smoked Food was damn nice! 6 of us all agreed that it was a damn fine retaurant.  They ran out of the Pulled pork before we got there unfortunately, but at least I got the last of the pork Ribs....The Brisket was WELL smoked, 2 much smoke for the lads at my table  :P but I enjoyd it. They preferred the Chicken and ribs (Even though they complained there wasn't enough meat on the ribs, probably used to beef ribs) ... The Sides of Chips and salad were definately on the small end too. but the whole meal comes in at about €13 so you can't complain....just get 2 if you're hungry  ;D

On the beer side, the bottles were tiny little things from O'Haras...I didn't know they made them that small (like 250mm or something)....and a 5am saint was on offer too.  At €5:50 a pop, you would not want to enter the place too thirsty!!

Anyway, I'd give it the thumbs up definately! Hopefully be producing my own stuff to this standard soon ::)

They had a nice touch at the end of the meal, where you get to pull you own Ice Cream cone!! Hilarious watching people making a balls of it

Padraic

Quote from: DaMun on October 10, 2013, 03:52:42 PM
Very cool one page web page!

More should do that  cos Less IS More!!

I really like their layout, I wonder was it a webdesigner who said it will cost you €x per page and they just though, yes we will pay you that per page...  >:("What do you mean you only want one page"

Looks great, I think I might wander there someday myself!