• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 02, 2024, 01:30:26 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Spice cider recipe

Started by Blackbrew, November 05, 2012, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbrew

With all the good juice touching down next week does anyone have a spiced Christmas type recipe for cider?

Ciderhead

As Frankie Boyle says about the Englishman who walked into a bar in Glasgow and asked for Lager and Lime
We don't do cocktails  ;D

Spiced cider when this stuff is fermented and matured in March may not be your first drink of choice. I have to confess I never did one but some quick reading on the net shows making a spiced tea and adding subsequently is good as otherwise its difficult to gauge cinnamon quantities and they can totally dominate apple flavour, better to add a little at a time? 

Blackbrew

November 06, 2012, 09:20:45 AM #2 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:21:01 AM by Blackbrew
Was thinking about something where you heat up existing off the shelf cider and add some spice's kinda like a mulled wine something to drink whilst out in the cold making real cider!  :)

Eoin

I'd have said the same, mull it when you are going to drink it, it's hard to spice pre-fermentation, very easy to overdo it, best to do it on a small batch or per glass basis rather than the whole shebang at once.