• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 06:35:07 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tog Brewday Dec

Started by Rossa, November 13, 2013, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane Phelan

Yeah hopefully. I can bring one of the fermenter's that I was planning to donate and we can leave the beer to ferment in that over Christmas. I'm thinking the Sierra Nevada clone would be suitable for them due to its broad appeal?

Jules was well up for firing up the BBQ, I think everyone would be up for that too. Bring your own food and cook it whenever you are hungry so then we don't have to be worrying about numbers, only coals. If it rains they have a pretty epic cover which would allow for brewing and eating.  ;)
Brew Log

Padraic

Any news on this? Are we still aiming for the 14th?

brenmurph

beerfly

any grain/yeast or other stuff needed?

Shane Phelan

Who is willing to bring their equipment and brew it? I was looking at Jacobs recipe and it looks like we would need hops and crystal 60. I have 5kg of crushed pale malt to bring.

TT

Brew Log

beerfly

the only thing i have that would be portable is my mash tun, i think i have a few 200 or 300g of crystal 60

Rossa

Talking with Padraic there...could we make it slightly later than normal. 11.30\12.00 kick off?

I can collect gear if needed on Thursday night but I'll be getting a lift in on Saturday so can't bring it home.

beerfly

Don't mind the later start. Saw that tog have something else on there Calendar for sat but I assume it won't be a conflict. 

Shane Phelan

Don't mind the early start either but I will have to leave before a bit before 5.  I will email the calendar dude from TOG to make sure its ok and change the time from 12-5pm instead.
Brew Log

Padraic

I have some banged up corny's that we could look at and try to get ready for use! It would be good to get these up and ready for use as club corny's? Maybe a bit of corny workshopping on the day! Is anyone able to run through all of the bits?

I've not got my corny's set up so can't show people the ropes!

What is best for cleaning corny's? All sorts of crap on these ones so I'm basically looking for something that will melt everything else but the stainless steel and will leave the keg still food safe! Will Oxy be strong enough to do the trick?

Ciderhead

Sulphuric acid drain cleaner will shift it, followed by scrubbing with green pads and a second treatment not a spectator sport tho.

Padraic

Quote from: CH on December 11, 2013, 01:57:22 PM
Sulphuric acid drain cleaner will shift it, followed by scrubbing with green pads and a second treatment not a spectator sport tho.

Is this something I might find in Aldi/Lidl?

brenmurph

oxy action at 50c

fill all the way and put in half the tub ( cost 1.25) keep warm. i refund u if it doesnt dissolve everything  ;D

Padraic

Quote from: brenmurph on December 11, 2013, 03:38:27 PM
oxy action at 50c

fill all the way and put in half the tub ( cost 1.25) keep warm. i refund u if it doesnt dissolve everything  ;D

Grand stuff! Will you be there on the day?

How long does it need to soak for?

Shane Phelan

Time officially changed.

Saturday - 12pm to 5pm
Brew Log