• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:49:49 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tog Brewday Dec

Started by Rossa, November 13, 2013, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beerfly

Quick update

We had originally hoped to have the beer we brewed in dec available for tog's 5 year party in a keg.  Bit ambitious at the last minute as the kegs needed cleaning and we had no gas system planned out.  Given that all weekends since were taken up by bjcp,study, ect. That did not happen. 

I was planning to go over with a bucket to transfer it into since was in the same fermenter for about 6 weeks when I saw a tweet about the birthday and a special surprise from us so I changed that to bringing over a bottling bucket just before the party.
Transferred the beer to that, as well as filling 2 bottles for sampling next brew day ;) so they could have beer on tap, flat beer but beer none the less.  It tasted nice but would have been nicer carbed. Looks like it went down well anyway only about 5L left today, going to try bring over a few bottles and bottle the rest of it for them before the end of the week.

Shane Phelan

Fair play Ronan!  5L remaining is a great success.
Brew Log

beerfly

9 bottles filled, tasted a bit different to earlier in the week, possibly getting a bit oxidised, but there was a decent seal at one point i was wonder why the bottle was not filling before i copped there was a pressue inbalance.
hopefully some bottle conditioning and carbonation will sort it out