• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 11:54:49 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Very productive night

Started by AJ_Rowley, November 18, 2013, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ_Rowley

Well, I have to say tonight was a very productive night. Bottled 18l of my better brew IPA. Got my Brewferm Abdij beer on the go. And after all of that including washing and sanitizing got my 2nd batch of all grain done.

Now the night wasn't a miss of a few hiccups ;) For starters when I was capping I shattered my first bottle with my capper. Then the capper wouldn't crimp properly after that.

After the bottling was done got the Brewferm in the bucket and pitch the yeast. I had a sample in a trial jar taking a gravity reading and was thinking it was a tad low. It was only a couple hours later that I realized I had forgotten to add the sugar. Doh!!

And finally one of my daughters wakes up half way through the mash getting sick. So she is now up for the night until 2.30am which is when I pretty much finish cleaning up and done and dusted.

Sorry for the long post but had to share this experience in my brewing endeavors.

LordEoin

Good job! all in a night's fun ;)

brenmurph

@ Aj
Cool, u got there!
Im sure every homebrewer has a story ;D I /we back in '85 put a can of malt on the stove to warm up.....forgot about it...water dried up,.... can heated up......exploded all over the kitchen....luchk we were out the back havein a few beers ??? :-[

wouldnt be a memorable brewday if it all went perfect :)

AJ_Rowley

@brenmurph well at least something good happened (having a few beers ;) )

As I said to the wife every brewday something always happens.

Even after all of this I still had a good evening. Lol