• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:48:49 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Kildare Christmas meet.

Started by brenmurph, December 10, 2013, 04:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Just advertising this weekends event ( we have had about 12 formal brewdays and 30 informal this year)
2 to go...this Saturday / Sunday and  New years eve.

heres the link to the info,

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/ai1ec_event/south-kildare-christmas-meet-and-informal-competition-tasting/?instance_id=

JD

Will miss both Bren, I'm afraid. This weekend is all tied up with pre-Christmas stuff and New Year's is committed to since last New Year's. :)
Hope it all goes well. 

/JD

brenmurph

NO Prob JD, its as usual drop in for 5 minutes, an hour, a day or the weekend! if not, catch u soon.

Will_D

Looking forward to seeing the set up - will be there in afternoon with the Mrs
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bogwoppit

Might be able to pop in briefly on the saturday afternoon (missus is away to town and I'm planning on doing some bunny shooting not too far from you).
I'll see how the day pans out.

Allan

brenmurph

All very welcome with Wives, girlfriends, boyfriends or just bring them all.
as usual great food in the early evening, always a respectable few beer enthusiasts and Ive decided to brew a batch as well from 11am finish at 5 and then do some tasting and the food and more tasting.

Our current selection of kegs ready to drink is about 10,  think they are listed on the event page below. Also a dozen styles on bottle and wines in bottles AND kegs.

Whoever turns up for this ( our last 2013 brewday) will be named as joint brewer in the nationals we will make a competitive beer no dought. To shorten the brewday this time I will have the grain cracked and recipe ready on beersmith. Any of ye coming along please  suggest a beer and we will produce it ( subject to all the ingredients) and we may even take the trophy in march :)

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/ai1ec_event/south-kildare-christmas-meet-and-informal-competition-tasting/?instance_id=625

brenmurph

next one is new years eve after that will plan another one to advertise on NHC when I check what other events is happening.

@ everyone:
Hey wat ye think of making a combined North-South Kildare homebrew day in Jan say a little competition day where we brew exact same recipe and see who pitches the yeast into a pre-defined wort first? Bit of team building, brewing skill and combined knowledge required to win :D

Then a proper tasting session for BJCP practice, brew appraisels and a few pints. If theres interest we can arrange B&B for everyone say 12 people here at base,  balance if any can hit the local B&B if necessary. Could be an opportunity to get more WAGs involved in a great day out.