• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:09:50 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

edme presure keg

Started by hyspenc, February 02, 2014, 02:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyspenc

hi there
I have a edme pressure barrel.
I have tried to use it but It dose not seem to want to stop leaking.
all seals are good have used some Vaseline on the seals and threads
this unit came with 2 lids one has a small cheap tap on it and a spot for a 8once c2 charge.
i waited till prim fermentation was done put it into edme keg put in a blank c2 cartridge just to stop any air from
getting in or out
any way after about 4 days i put on a full 8 once co2 cartridge and with in an hour the tap started a small annoying
drip not were spigot meets the keg but buy the red tap
well this being British made I thought maybe some one there or at this club could shine some light on this style of kegging
i did notice a mall inlet on inside of tap for o hose maybe.
any help on this would be greatly  welcomed. :)

Greg2013

Could you post some pictures please to assist in what exactly you have going on ? Have you considered replacing the seals ? I know you say they are all ok but if they were the keg would not be leaking possibly ?  ;)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

johnrm

February 02, 2014, 10:26:50 AM #2 Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:14:53 PM by johnrm
I have a few of these, not used them yet though. I won't be using them with gas, so may keg condition.
Look here...
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php?topic=5324.msg66428#msg66428
There is a snug fit in the tap, it is possible this seal has failed.
For lubricating seals, Vaseline is probably not the best as your sanitation regime may be unable to remove this. Maybe use KY Jelly or similar.