• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:09:54 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

TOG Brewday - 6th April

Started by Shane Phelan, April 02, 2014, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane Phelan

Sharon is dropping me off on her way to college that morning so that I don't have to get a taxi. It usually finishes up around 3 or 4.
Brew Log

Shane Phelan

Some of my ingredients for this didn't arrive as expected today, hops/yeast being the important ones.. I'm checking with the Mottly Brew to see if they have them.  Bloody DPD!  >:(
Brew Log

ferg

I'll have some spare simcoe and brambling x.. could really use a wee bit of Amarillo/cascade/centennial if anyone has some??

Shanna

April 04, 2014, 02:47:40 PM #18 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:59:00 PM by Shanna
Quote from: ferg on April 04, 2014, 02:34:15 PM
I'll have some spare simcoe and brambling x.. could really use a wee bit of Amarillo/cascade/centennial if anyone has some??
Have some cascade, how much do you need? Could sort you out by doing the stuff of to Shiny at the same time if he wants (see the next post for details).

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

Quote from: shiny on April 04, 2014, 02:26:09 PM
Some of my ingredients for this didn't arrive as expected today, hops/yeast being the important ones.. I'm checking with the Mottly Brew to see if they have them.  Bloody DPD!  >:(
What do you need I might be able to help? I have 1 spare Nottingham yeast sachet and some mauribrew yeast that you could use.  I also have  loads of magnum and about 80 grams each of ekg and fuggles. Some of The hops are 2012 but they have been stored in the freezer & are vacuum packed. While they may have lost some of their potency they will do in a pinch.

I should be able to drop them off to you tonight if you want them?

Shanna

PS: Every sympathy re DPD they keep delivering my orders to a park West to a building with the same name as my office in the city centre.
Hops Group buy packer

Shane Phelan

I was just going to hold off brewing the barrel brew until next Sunday as the lads in Glasnevin don't have the ingredients. It also means I'm not stuck with ingredients that I don't want too. I will just brew a different recipe in TOG this weekend.
Brew Log

Shanna

Hops Group buy packer

ferg

Quote from: Shanna on April 04, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
Quote from: ferg on April 04, 2014, 02:34:15 PM
Have some cascade, how much do you need? Could sort you out by doing the stuff of to Shiny at the same time if he wants (see the next post for details).

Shanna

Whatever you can spare.. like between 15 - 25g

Shanna

Ferg I can definitely spare 25 grams. Where are you based? Won't be meeting shiny tonight as he does not need the hops etc.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

ferg

I'm in stoneybatter, but I won't be around this evening.. are you not gonna be at tog on sunday?

Shanna

Quote from: ferg on April 04, 2014, 06:34:53 PM
I'm in stoneybatter, but I won't be around this evening.. are you not gonna be at tog on sunday?

No but will be bringing my son swimming on Sunday morning around 10:30 in trinity. I could swing around there before hand. Will you be there around 10am? Was it you had hops for me from tube?

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Quote from: Tube on April 04, 2014, 07:40:43 PM
Declan, I accidentally left them with Dunkel when I was over at his house yesterday.
Read back through the posts in the thread and saw that Dunkel might drop them off,  will follow up with him. Fergus will drop the cascade off if I am going to the pool.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

ferg

cool, no worries if you can't drop them in.

Sorcerers Apprentice

There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

ferg

It would be nice, but not necessary! I'm looking to repeat this recipe but I was just gonna use different hops...http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,5344.msg69880.html#msg69880