• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

TOG Brewday - 6th April

Started by Shane Phelan, April 02, 2014, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hingo

I've been keen to get to one of these, it'll be my first club brewday. I'll bring a few of my beers too

1. shiny
2. ferg
3. Hingo

Have about 60g of Amarillo too, I'll bring it along and use what you need. Small bit of cascade left too, I'll bring it just in case - not sure if it's enough but if you're stuck on the day might come in handy.

Just on the beer front - just two bottles for tasting  (as it would for the tasting meetups) or more?

Shane Phelan

I would say bring the two bottles, as we aren't in a pub people tend to go back for more samples as the day goes on.

I'm bringing 2kg of crushed lager malt in excess if anyone wants it, otherwise its going in the bin as I wouldn't be using lager malt again for ages.

If the cascade isn't used I will throw it in at 0 min for my brew if its going.  :)

Ferg I have a conical, Special B, Light and dark candi sugar for you, was there anything else ?
Brew Log

ferg

Quote from: shiny on April 05, 2014, 12:19:16 PM
I would say bring the two bottles, as we aren't in a pub people tend to go back for more samples as the day goes on.

I'm bringing 2kg of crushed lager malt in excess if anyone wants it, otherwise its going in the bin as I wouldn't be using lager malt again for ages.

If the cascade isn't used I will throw it in at 0 min for my brew if its going.  :)

Ferg I have a conical, Special B, Light and dark candi sugar for you, was there anything else ?

Stir bar?

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

ferg

Shane Phelan

April 05, 2014, 01:15:14 PM #35 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:29:32 PM by shiny
Bring a couple of black bags for your spent grain so we don't end up using up all that's left in TOG.

I've weighed out all the hops,water addions and crushed the grains to reduce the amount of stuff I need to bring with me in the morning.
Brew Log

beerfly

if you have not finished up before i finish i can help "librate" the lager malt

Shane Phelan

I had an accident with the bag of lager malt.... It was sliced open by the sharp side of a bucket and is now on the carpet....  >:(
Brew Log

Shane Phelan

I also have around 4kg of crushed wheat that I wouldn't be using soon enough either, I can bring that if someone wants to use it for the summer beer comp.
Brew Log

Shane Phelan

Given that I cant brew the barleywine, I'm brewing my entry for the small beer competition instead. I'm meeting Jules this evening to get the keys to open up in the morning.
Brew Log

ferg

Should really be doing that too but havn't had the time to plan a recipe!

Shanna

April 05, 2014, 07:14:11 PM #41 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:37:39 PM by Shanna
Ferg

Should be around to Tog in the morning around 10 ish. Will have the cascade for you and will leave a few bottles for you and the others to sample.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Hingo

Right, so I'm running late! Just leaving now, will be there in time for the boil! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane Phelan

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Brew Log

Shane Phelan

With 3D printer backdrop.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Brew Log