• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:23:06 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Coopers pilsner

Started by Thomo, March 26, 2013, 07:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomo

I'll 2nd it being a slow burner. Im only seeing a good bit of activity today. Much slower than the muntons pilsner i did.

LordEoin

As far as I remember, my last batch was slow too with a thin fluffy krausen (resembling a thin head).
Don't get impatient and bump up the temp though, or you'll have a house that stinks of rotten eggs.
Makes nice refreshing beer though  :)

Ray

Eoin that's exactly how mines is at the minute. Just letting it do its thing. There's a serious learning curve in this homebrew lark

Ray

Bottled this last night. Just over 3 weeks in the FV. Initial taste was good, really clean taste

Looking forward to sampling it in another few weeks

LordEoin

awesomesauce!
as far as I remember it was good to drink pretty young and was pretty much at it's best at around 2 months.
A few weeks should do it :)
Drink it nice and cold.
I think I still have one I brewed about a year ago, I'll crack it open when I get home and see if the aging was in any way worth it (probably not);)

Thomo

Kegged mine today and bottled 6 to keep. Worked out around 4.9%. cant wait to sample now.

LordEoin

Completely forgot to try it last night, but i'm very glad I thought of it tonight.
It's pretty damn nice.
I have a bit of a blocked nose so my opinion might not be very accurate, but it's like a Pint of Carlsberg made love to an Angel, then 9 months later a CarlsbergAngelBaby was born so they put it in a blender and fermented the remains.
It also has an odd but very pleasant aroma of a heap of pennies just poured from a change-jar.
Suck on a dirty penny while chewing burnt toast and drinking a carlsberg. That should be fairly close.
I must brew another batch, the whole pint is gone in the few minutes it took to type this  ;D

Ray

Wow. Sounds good. You sure there was just beer in that?  ;D

I'm really looking forward to trying it now

LordEoin

That opinion may have been a little skewed by beer

Ray

Haha

I may have to steal the name carlsbergangelbaby for this brew though

LordEoin

April 24, 2013, 09:24:19 PM #25 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:17:23 AM by LordEoin
Consider it yours. Royalties start at a pint per batch  ;D