• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 12:26:33 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

*** Free Kits courtesy of HomeBrewWest ***

Started by admin, March 28, 2013, 05:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamR

1. IsMise
2. Blueshed
3. Shanna
4. Robrew
5. Damo
6. Ciderhead
7. LordEoin
8. JerryMcC
9. Loftybrush
10. DCBrewing
11. Garry
12. ColinC
13. GrahamR
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

Garry

QuoteAnd the winners, as chosen by Saruman are:
Blueshed
Ciderhead
Garry

Good man Saruman  :) :) :)

Thanks to HomeBrew West too  [smiley=beer.gif] I'll do a write up for ye when I do the kit.

Ciderhead

Thanks will offer it to the "new Kit brewers" in Wickla when we meet up.
I will get them to do a write up as well.
Thanks again Homebrew West

HomeBrewWest

Coolio. We await your comments on these kits with baited breath.

We asked HB to do a promo to kick things off with these kits. Well, they came through and have just announced a cut price fermenter giveaway with each kit which we are passing on homebrewers:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/bulldog-brews-premium-quality-beer-kits-30-to-40-kg-283-c.asp

Unfortunately, we are currently out of stock as HB don't have the whole range yet. They expect to have them this week coming, and we will be amongst the first to stock them. We expect them to arrive circa Monday 15th April.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Will_D

April 06, 2013, 11:31:08 PM #19 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:32:08 PM by Will_D
We asked HB to do a promo to kick things off with these kits. Well, they came through and have just announced a cut price fermenter giveaway with each kit which we are passing on homebrewers:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/bulldog-brews-premium-quality-beer-kits-30-to-40-kg-283-c.asp

Unfortunately, we are currently out of stock as HB don't have the whole range yet. They expect to have them this week coming, and we will be amongst the first to stock them. We expect them to arrive circa Monday 15th April.
Would always welcome a free low cost fermenter! Please let us know when we can order!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Blueshed

;D nice one, well chuffed when i heard i won the kit.will pick it up wednesday from rob and hope to brew it tuesday 16th.

Blueshed

QuoteJohn, don't forget the Lucan County are still collecting bottle for you. If you've enough you might let them know.

picked up 18 brown 500ml btls yesterday.got another 8 from a pub in Sallins plus la from work had 20 for me.

have about 140 full btls and nearly 200 empty btls now.

Ciderhead

Quote from: Tube on April 19, 2013, 05:51:12 PM
Ciderhead doesn't want his one, so the last one goes to ColinC who won the raffle.

Colin will you PM me about it.

Colin hold your Horses Damo is going to contact Tube about collecting it for one of our Kit Brewers

Damo

oops!  Sorry. head is stuffed with cotton wool all day today  ::) Kinda in slow mo..

Tube, I'll give you a shout 2moro. sorry for confusion

Blueshed

got to brew the kit i won yesterday evening. i was lucky enough to win the Triple Tykes special export ale.

18.30 - placed the malt bag in a sink of warm water and put on 6lts of water to boil.go for quick shower and shave.

18.45 - empty the soft malt into my FV and add about 3lts of boiled water and stir like a good thing. the handy thing about the malt bag is you can pour some boiled water inti it and put the lid on and give it a good shake then pour in to the FV.

18.50 - add more hot and cold water and bring up to 23lt, temp is 22*. take a OG and get 1050, just like it said on the box.
pitch the yeast and give it a quick stir then put lid on.

18.55 - start to tidy up

19.00 - finished.

was a beautifull smell when i poured the contents of the malt bag into the FV. my good wife still had a ltlle moan and something to say but not as much as when i hacked the other kits.

will add the hop teabag provided on day 5/6/7, then bottle on day 10.

much easier kit than the Coopers to make a brew and with it being a 4kg kit im expecting good things from it.

the only negative from me is my last 3 kits i have hacked and i enjoyed getting different grains and hops and making a mess in the kitchen.

Will_D

Quote from: Blueshed on April 23, 2013, 08:37:18 PM
18.30 - placed the malt bag in a sink of warm water and put on 6lts of water to boil. Go for quick shower and shave.
Taking sanitation/hygene to whole new levels are we!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Blueshed

only got to bottle it tonight, FG of 1012 so should be an ABV of 5.6%.

Ciderhead

When you are at aj edge this morning can you please drop the kit off at Damos, it's been promised to one of our kit brewers in Bray and Damo is just across the road from them, thanks

Sent from my mediocre phone and an average phone app