• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 02, 2024, 11:28:53 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Repurposed my extract kettle today

Started by raindogxx, October 29, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Ohnidog

No worries Taf, John is now my official distributor for the South West  ;)

johnrm

Thanks Ohnidog, seeds arrived safe and sound. Top lad!

Ohnidog

Good stuff! Don't forget to let me know how you get on with them

Taf

Looking forward to getting some seeds planted now.

hopapotamus

any chance of some spare seeds ? i love growing chilis , even if we dont realy get enough sun , you can still get good results even on a window sill in a pot. also a little guano is great to give them a boost or some blood and bone that you have left over from your hops.

Ohnidog

No worries hopapotamus, pm me your address and I'll stick some in an envelope for you.

They'll need to be kept at a constant 20°C or slightly above in order to germinate so I recommend starting them off in a propagator. Try and do this as early as possible in order to get them fruiting during June/July/August when we have the most sun.

To check their viability, I wrapped some of the seeds in wet tissues and put them in the hotpress about a week ago. So far the Costeño Amarillo and the Guajillo have germinated but still waiting  for signs of life from the Ancho Poblano and the Pasilla de Oaxaca. The Ancho's should germinate eventually but I'm not sure about the Pasilla de Oaxaca since they're smoked and it depends on how hot a smoking they got. I'll throw in some Cascabel as well but I haven't checked their viability yet.

johnrm

I've carved the seeds into 4 lots.
Me, Taf, Hopa and a spare. I can take care of these if that suits.

Ohnidog

Oh right, didn't realise hopapotamus was down your neck of the woods John

johnrm

Well ya, but miiiiles away. I'll post then to him tomorrow.

Taf

johnrm

I'll send the same pigeon as last time.