• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 17, 2024, 07:54:00 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Repurposed my extract kettle today

Started by raindogxx, October 29, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raindogxx

I can't help myself when making chili.

BTW, anybody where I can get some decent chili peppers? I'm low on supplies and I need my Tex-Mex!

PS: Didn't see the Food board until I posted. No worries if any mods want to move it.

googoomuck

Where are you based? Our veg supplier has scotch bonnets that he grows himself. Seriously thinking of growing my own supply. Can't beat a good chilli.

raindogxx

I'm in Kinsale, Co. Cork.

I'd take some Scotch Bonnets for sure.

I'm also trying to get some dried peppers, New Mexico, Chilpotle, Guajillo, Ancho, etc. I found a couple of suppliers on Amazon but the shipping is prohibitive.

Garry

You're going to have to post the recipe now  :P

raindogxx

October 29, 2014, 08:42:47 PM #4 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:00:48 PM by raindogxx
Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar3HJkoPyyD3dGZlLWNvMEpkaTFVZVo5cjU0TTFCLUE&usp=sharing

I should probably mention it's vegetarian. I can hear the boos already. I might tweak it a bit depending on how it tastes tomorrow, a cooling and reheating cycle always helps!

Jon

Garry

I need "permission" to view the link!

We won't start that vegetarian debate again  ??? I'd still like to see what's in this one, is it mostly beans?

(I moved this topic to "the food board")

johnrm

raindogxx

I updated the link above, it should work but you know how these things go.

I'm feeling a little ill now thinking of chili flowing out of my kegerator taps. Nasty.

raindogxx

It's a Miele induction hob. It does boil fast but you need ferromagnetic pans. I have a decent copper skillet and it's as good as a doorstop anymore. Luckily the 10 gallon MegaPot works!

Garry

I can see the recipe now  :) Thanks. That's some list of ingredients. I'll give it a shot sometime but I won't be using my keggle  :P

mr hoppy

Used a 14l brew pot for a curry for a christening last year. Fed 20 people np with 5 litres of curry. Dead handy.

johnrm

Are you bring some to Friday's tasting?

mr hoppy

Sadly no. Although if we were doing a brew day...

Also discovered that the best wine with curry is champagne. Seriously. Maybe even better than beer. (Heresy I know!)

johnrm

raindogxx

Quote from: johnrm on October 30, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
Are you bring some to Friday's tasting?

Experiments in Methane Production by johnrm

I think I better save that for a brew day, a well ventilated brew day. :)