• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:39:40 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Capital Brewers potential co-location with TOG

Started by Shane Phelan, January 17, 2015, 06:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

I have lots of bits too but rather than me transfer unused items in my shed to unused items in tog post what you need or are missing

ferg

Quote from: John Edward on February 14, 2016, 06:23:16 PM
Hi chaps,

Shane had mentioned to me that we were trying to put together an inventory of our shared materials. So, here's what I'm contributing (essentially everything I have):

-- 2 stackable Ikea stainless steel shelves (each shelf can hold 75kg I believe). Can support 8 30l fermentors
-- tap mounted pressurised bottle washer
-- bottle washing tree (50+ bottle capacity)
-- Temperature probe and regulator
-- aeration pump and stainless steel stone
-- 2x 52 litre plastic storage barrels with airtight lids. (Great for storing grain, may be able to use for initial stages of fermentation)
-- beer engine for cask ale
-- 25/30l keg
-- 2x 50l stainless steel kegs (tops removed). Were being converted to kettle and lauter tun/mash tun.
-- 2x 35l plastic buckets (fermentation/bottling bucket)
-- 1 35l plastic bucket converted to kettle.
-- 1 30-50l silk bag for brew/mash-in-bag
-- 5x 35l plastic fermentors with taps
-- 5x 5l stainless steel portable kegs + CO2 tap

and of course the random typical stuff: hydrometers, trial meters, irish moss, etc.

Wow, that's some amount of equipment!

I will be bringing all of my home equipment, mainly:

30l mash tun
28l burco boiler
4 20/25l bucket fermenters
2 19l plastic carboy fermenters
30m immersion chiller
plus many assorted bits and bobs!

also have an old fridge which needs a bit of work, and an STC 1000 to go with it.

Ciaran has said he will donate all his kegging stuff too.

As I mentioned in the whatsapp I'd like to do an "equipment day" which I'm thinking March 12th (I'm away the next two weekends) where we can assess and evaluate all the equipment that we can put to use, which to chuck away, or what we can feasibly take in donations. It will also allow us to see how soon when we can plan a brewday, and how soon we can start using the space. Also give us an indication of how much space we will need before the rooms are built.

I think I need to propose this to TOG on the mailing list and add it to the calendar? John/Shane can you give me direction on that?

Shane Phelan

I think the equipment day is a great idea and will be the perfect way to ensure we don't have two of everything.

I don't think you need to propose it as an event or anything because we pretty much meeting up to rummage through what is there, carve out a bit of space for the equipment and chat about what is going to happen. I have added it to the calendar there now.
Brew Log

phoenix

I'll be along, keep meaning to get more involved
Ciaran

ferg

Nice one Shane. I have to have a double batch ready for the may bank holiday weekend so will need to suss out the availability to brew in the following couple of weeks.

Shane Phelan

Was just talking to Andrew at the 200 Fathoms launch. He wants to donate his grainfather  to TOG. I think that would be an amazing addition to the communal set of equipment right?!?
Brew Log

Andrew

While I remember, this is the kit I dropped off:

• GF
  • 1 25l fermenter with tap and siphon
  • 1 25l fermenter- tap needs to be drilled in (tap supplied)
  • 1 large tea ball/strainer
  • 1 double handed capper
  • 1 paddle
  • 3 airlocks/bubblers
  • 1 BIAB mesh
  • Sundries- old bag of crushed malt; spray malt; brewers sugar; fermentation drops; 50-ish crown caps
Andrew
@beoirfinder