• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 13, 2024, 12:34:58 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Capital Brewer's big day out to ABV Fest May 23rd

Started by Hingo, February 17, 2015, 02:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hingo

Right folks,

This looks like a great oppertunity to test the waters for some club venture's outside of the local area! Only a stone's throw away up in Winterfell Belfast!

ABV Fest - 22–23 May, 2015 · Titanic Drawing Offices · Belfast

http://www.abvfest.com/

Chatting on Whatsapp group - the plan is to get the train up for the Midday - 5pm slot and head back the same evening.

Thinking meet-up early -

• 8:30ish - get in a full breakfast for the day - nothing worse than starting these days with only a jambon.
  • Train @ 9:35am gets us in Belfast @ 11:50am
  • 20 minutes walk to the venue
  • in there for 5 hours until 5pm
  • Train @ 18:05pm so no big rush to get in on time - a hour to do a 20 minute walk after some brews seems wise!

Train approx €37 return, but it's too early to be booking anything yet (60 days advance so March 25th)
Could look at alternative forms of transport - I'm using train as an example for access to a toilet and reduced travel times.
Tickets are £12 (€16 approx) but looking at the line-up it promises a fairly good day out with brewers from UK, Ireland and further!

Putting this up now just to give some decent notice, as some people might be already making plans to go.

Of course the invite extends to the rest of NHC, just the above plans are from Central Dublin & back. hoping if this goes well the trips could span further.

So who's up for it?

1. Hingo (Dave)

Hingo

Ohnidog

Sounds like a decent plan there Hingo. The train is the best option, taking the bus with a full bladder is far from ideal!

I might have to go to a wedding around that time so I'm going to put myself down as a maybe for now.

1. Hingo (Dave)
2. Anil (maybe)

Boycott

1. Hingo (Dave)
2. Anil (maybe)
3. DCBrewing
4. Maja

There are usually discounts for the train now and then so when it opens for booking i say wait for that and then someone post the discount code on this thread

phoenix

1. Hingo (Dave)
2. Anil (maybe)
3. DCBrewing
4. Maja
5. Ciaran
Ciaran

winstonia

The bus takes 30mins longer but is cheaper btw. Tis aircoach so will have wifi and toilet.

€20 return.

Leaving at 09:30 and getting there for 11:50

Leaving Belfast at 18:30 and returning at 20:40

Just an FYI, only stop is the airport

Will_D

Thinking re. the North County lads:

Bus to/from Airport makes a LOT of sense!

Will start a thread on the NCB area!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Hingo

Just checked out the air coach, Defo another viable option, almost half the price. Once the toilet works I'm happy. In saying that will keep an eye on train fares closer to the time and if there's any decent offers

Hingo

Bump! O0

It's getting close, train tickets are available - or aircoach. depening on what filks want to do, any more interest?

1. Hingo (Dave)
2. Anil (maybe)
3. DCBrewing
4. Maja
5. Ciaran

beerfly

might as well get the name down
did a quick price check currently €24 on the bus €30 on the train

1. Hingo (Dave)
2. Anil (maybe)
3. DCBrewing
4. Maja
5. Ciaran
6. Ronan

GlasbrewInc

Any decision been made on transport method?

1. Hingo (Dave)
2. Anil (maybe)
3. DCBrewing
4. Maja
5. Ciaran
6. Ronan
7. Dean

Hingo

I think I might still stick with the train option, just seems a bit more comfort for the extra few quid. I think most people are on the same page too.
Planning on booking everything myself on Friday.

Boycott

Only 68 tickets left! Buy them quick!
what carriage in the train are we all going to get? I am still hanging on buying until i see a discount code for the train.

Boycott

booked my train tickets without a discount code, when i saw a student ticket is 40e and adult is only 30e return. got seat 16/17 on way there and 22/23 on way back both in carriage F.

Hingo

So who's set in stone?

1. Hingo (Dave) - Train and tickets booked
2. Anil (maybe)
3. DCBrewing - Train and tickets booked
4. Maja - Train and tickets booked
5. Ciaran
6. Ronan
7. Dean

anyone else not on the list?