• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:45:08 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Dublin Central Home brewing club

Started by Padraic, October 15, 2012, 01:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

So who's based in and around the city centre and would have an interest in setting up a home brew club?

Ideally we could find a venue where we could brew and ferment as a club, or even just meet up for a pint and some beer swapping from time to time!

So who'd like to set something up?

Obviously everyone is welcome, I'm just hoping to have a central venue where we could get together and brew!

Just throwing the idea out there to see if it gains any traction!

Rossa

I'm not really city centre, D14 and my schedule is all over the place so I tend to brew on a Monday or Sunday if I a off...but keep me posted.

Shanna

Hi Padraic

Sounds like a good idea, am working in Dublin city centre so would be interested. I suspect this would appeal to the new less experienced brewers like myself more than the experienced guys. Had you any ideas on where you would base this club?

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Mike

I'm out in Dun Laoghaire but count me in

Rossa

There is a brewery on James's St,  would they let us use the facilities I wonder. On a more serious note apart from Messrs there is no other breweries that might help  :(

Padraic

St James's Gte might be a bit too poky...

I was hoping that posting up here someone might have a venue, but I'm on the hunt at the moment and will let ye know when I come across something!

Kaymak (kev2403)

I'd be up for that., I'm based on Baggot street so any venue in the city centre would suit me  :)

Padraic

QuoteI'd be up for that., I'm based on Baggot street so any venue in the city centre would suit me  :)

Good stuff, and welcome to the forum Kev.

CARA

I'd be very interested! I brew roughly once a week as it is and would love to fit an extra day in with like minded people!!
Upa Sesh

Padraic

Good stuff, it'll be good to have a cask expert amongst our little homebrewing club!

I'm thinking of letting this thread be seen for another week or so and see if anyone comes out of the wood work with the offer of a brewing space. If not we'll figure something out!

I've thrown out a feeler with a pretty good location and will chase them up early next week. I'm hoping they can accommodate, south inner city near enough to the bull and castle, so a very handy location!

rollout

I'm on for this too.

Based in Cabra but don't have space for a group.

Padraic

Good stuff I make that 8 interested parties:

1. Padraic
2. Tube
3. Rossa
4. doshanahan
5. Mike
6. Kaymak
7. Cara Éire
8. Rollout

I'm thinking that teh ideal setup would be for us to get together and brew as a group, have some banter and swap some homebrews! Possibly moving on to have a yeast bank and other shared resources.

Let me know if you have any idea's of what else could be achieved.

I'm thinking the best plan for organising is to meet up for a chat about what we wish to achieve.

I'm hoping to source us a venue over the coming days but if anyone else can get us access to a venue that would be great!

Cathal O D

Hey guys, just joined the forum. I think i've met some of you before. I'm currently brew in a small appartment in rathmines so would be very keen to meet up.

Cathal

Padraic

Good work shane, hopefully it will generate a bit more interest.

It would be great if someone had access to a venue we could use!

Hopefully it will gain legs.

Maybe the best idea is to meet for a pint in the next week or two, have our first meetup and then hopefully someone will have a venue available or be able to suggest some venue's we could approach.

Actually here is as good a place as any to discuss a venue, does anyone have a suggestiong of a venue  we could approach?