• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 02:37:02 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Dublin Central Home brewing club

Started by Padraic, October 15, 2012, 01:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyM

Im interested.
Could be the start of the very first co-op brewery :)
Formerly JamesM.

Padraic

QuoteIm interested.
Could be the start of the very first co-op brewery :)

It would be great if we reached that stage, but I'd be happy with getting together once a month and doing some brewing, a bit of banter and possibly some tasting.

So here is a list of interested parties:

1. Padraic
2. Tube
3. Rossa
4. doshanahan
5. Mike
6. Kaymak
7. Cara Éire
8. Rollout
9. Cathal O D
10. JamesM

I think at 10 "members" it might not be out of order to start a new forum and start organising things there.

JimmyM

Do you think there could be issues with electricity supply - you may need to specify when asking that we will need to be pulling a lot of ampage in one go.
No point in organising a place and then finding out when we get there that it wont work.

But at the same time, you dont want to put the landlord off straight away either.
Formerly JamesM.

Padraic

Good thinking Tube, there are no GAA clubs in the city centre, I'm hoping for a location that is within D1 or D2, I'll check to see if there are any community centre spaces!

CARA

There's a great GAA club off Cabra Road with plenty of space, it's not showing up on google maps though, or would we want somewhere more central?
Upa Sesh

DEMPSEY

QuoteGonna post an article on the front page to get more attention. Will go out to Twitter and FB

Dublin City Homebrew Club
The National Homebrew Club, an umbrella club for homebrewers from around Ireland, is looking to establish a homebrew club in Dublin City Centre. Members of the group will meet regularly at a city centre location, do some brews, critique each others' beers and generally talk homebrew. A venue is currently be sought, so if you know of somewhere suitable, or would like to participate, please comment here or see this thread on the National Homebrew Club forum.

If you've anything to add, please shout. This could be used as a model to help establish more clubs around the country.
the link "This thread" does not open and comes up as locked.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

irish_goat

Partridge9

I'll be there at 6:30 - cant stay that long Im afraid ! :-/

Mike

November 08, 2012, 08:41:25 PM #23 Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:12:59 AM by Mike
I just arrived, I'm told ye are gone. Are ye in jury's?