• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 08:33:24 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

December 8th - Ironing out the details

Started by Shanna, November 27, 2012, 09:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossa

kegging looks and sounds better but a small bottle run could be good for demo purposes.

Bubbles

Quote.. I think an important part of homebrewing is the patience between when you brew and when you can drink that brew.

Absolutely Padraic. I think if the kit brew is to stand any chance of a favourable comparison against the extract and all-grain beers, then adequate conditioning time is really important.

Kit beers (in fact, any beers made with LME) really benefit from an extended period of conditioning which smooths out a lot of the "twang".

Conor.

Boycott

Is there a schedule for the day? are we starting with kit/extract/all grain in any order? I might not be able to make it until around 1 so I wonder is there even much point in me coming!

irish_goat

Right so I'll get us a few boxes of empty bottles sorted, I'll need a few volunteers willing to meet me outside the B&C at 10.20am to help carry. 3 or 4 people should be plenty.

Padraic

The schedule is pretty much a moving target at the but should be finalised before the day itself. I'd say we should be onto the boil at that stage so it's really up to you if you'd like to attend. There will probably be a couple of talks still to go at that stage but as I said not fully finalised yet!

I'd say it should be worth coming in for the last couple of hours of the brewday! There should still be a few heads about and it's always good to catch up in person.

The plan at the moment is to run the three brews concurrently so that as one thing is done with one brew it's time to move on and do something with the next brew, so there should be something happening all through the day!

Padraic

QuoteRight so I'll get us a few boxes of empty bottles sorted, I'll need a few volunteers willing to meet me outside the B&C at 10.20am to help carry. 3 or 4 people should be plenty.

Cheers Thomas, I'll be snowed under at the time but will enlist some slaves if no one volunteers!

Glad to hear you got the day off!

Shanna

Hi Thomas,

Hope to make it bull and castle with a mate by 10:20. We will be ditching Dublin bikes and should be able to help with boxes of bottles.

Declan

QuoteRight so I'll get us a few boxes of empty bottles sorted, I'll need a few volunteers willing to meet me outside the B&C at 10.20am to help carry. 3 or 4 people should be plenty.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shane Phelan

Hey Thomas,

I can also give you a hand with the boxes. Can you PM me your number?
Brew Log

Cathal O D

QuoteHi Thomas,

Hope to make it bull and castle with a mate by 10:20. We will be ditching Dublin bikes and should be able to help with boxes of bottles.

Declan

Ill be on the dublin bikes as well so can give a hand with bottles. Maybe we can ferry them with the bikes backet???

irish_goat

That should be plenty of hands.

On another note, since Padraic and Declan seem to be buying the not ingredients, might I suggest we all throw in a few euro to cover the cost. Not really fair if they go to all the hassle of organising this and end up out of pocket.

Will_D

QuoteThat should be plenty of hands.

On another note, since Padraic and Declan seem to be buying the not ingredients, might I suggest we all throw in a few euro to cover the cost. Not really fair if they go to all the hassle of organising this and end up out of pocket.

Agreed

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Padraic

Thanks guys but it's not necessary, but going forward we do need to look into how to finance the clubs activities but we can talk about that on the day.

To be honest most of the stuff is being brought by different people, I reckon Declan will be most out of pocket so I know I'll be buying him a pint next time I see him when he isn't driving!

Cheers Declan!

And Thomas for sorting us out with a load of bottles! And everyone else working away in the background to help make this happen! I'll save all of the thank you's until saturday!