• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 10:59:56 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tasting at Brewday this Sunday

Started by Padraic, January 24, 2013, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

So on the day we will be doing an all grain brew and an extract brew going. It might be a good time to get some tasting done, I propose that we do it with the BJCP scoresheets but we could leave that to be decided by whoever is bringing a beer along. (i.e. you can have your beer judged formally by everyone there or not if you'd prefer not. I'd say 1-1.5 litres will be more than enough on the day)

If anyone has a few homebrews to bring along for bigger sized tasters please feel free to bring along your surplus beer :) Unfortunately I'm out of stock at the minute!

I think we'll try to have a few bottles of the three brews from last month available for a side by side tasting at some stage in February! It will be interesting to see how they compare!

Any other suggestions for the day are welcome!!

See you all on Sunday!

Jacob

I'll bring Gratzer & something else.

What about SNPA clone that we've brewed there last time?
I'm dying to compare kit/extract & all grain version of that beer.

Padraic

I'm saving that tasting for a proper tasting evening event, yet to be announced! Hopefully during February!

Jacob

QuoteThere is a proper tasting event in February, on the 9th! :P All welcome of course.
What's the occasion?

Jacob

:/ It was brewed in TOG by Capital Brewers so they should organise tasting evening :P