• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 13, 2024, 08:16:01 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] The Homebrew Company

Started by The Homebrew Company, April 01, 2015, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

Hope so.
SA I'm sure can give us a greater insight into full dangers but speaking from personal experience, scared the shit out of me.

Qs

Quote from: mrmeindl on January 06, 2017, 06:45:20 PM
I'd say Qs was joking CH!

Yeah. Sorry CH I'll mark it with a *joke* tag in future.  :P

brian_c

I was venting kegs last week before cleaning and I stood outside in the rain for each one. I wondered was I mad but this conversation makes me feel like I was right.

Sent from my phone, please excuse the typos.

Leann ull

Another time I stupidly had a keg full and lifted it up to look straight in and got a co2 wash, not pleasant.

molc

Every now and then I stick my head over an open fermenter to check for infections etc and give myself a right shot of co2 in the nose. Man does it hurt!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

cruiscinlan

How long is the grain/hop sale for Shane?

Paul B

@homebrewcompany - is there any chance you'd consider reviewing your prices and being a little more competitive against geterbrewed? Ignoring any promotions/discounts, right now I'm looking to order a grain kit which comes in at €11 on their site whereas it would cost €22.50 with your flat rate. Taking another example 100g of Citra with you is €8.95 whereas it's €7.19 with them.

There's a reason I'd rather go with you guys and that's that your service is better, if the premium you're charging is down to this then fair enough. Just might be good to review where possible, especially the grain kits.

Leann ull

Wow big difference can you post the links

Paul B

January 19, 2017, 12:13:27 PM #518 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:57:42 AM by LordEoin
Quote from: CH on January 19, 2017, 11:46:31 AM
Wow big difference can you post the links

(again, without current promotions, if you take those into account the difference is even bigger)

HBC Citra 2015 [€8.95]: http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/citra-pellets-usa-100g-vac-packed-alpha-acid-134-2015-harvest-p-3458.html
GEB Citra 2015 [€7.19]: [competitor link removed]

Plug this recipe into GEB's recipe builder and it comes approx €18: http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/442540/hoppy-saison-2-vienna-
Same with HBC would be €26 with liquid yeast. This would be a common 20L recipe, the example I posted in the previous post (€12 vs €22.50+) was a high gravity half batch I'm looking to do.

BigDanny84

Quote from: Paul B on January 19, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
right now I'm looking to order a grain kit which comes in at €11 on their site whereas it would cost €22.50 with your flat rate. Taking another example 100g of Citra with you is €8.95 whereas it's €7.19 with them.

The set price for the custom build mash kit is off putting alright, especially if I was making something relatively cheap like an Irish stout. This is not a dig, just would rather deal with HBC if possible.

Leann ull

Ok so it's not €22.50vs 11?
It's 26vs 18 yeah but liquid yeast is €8 so that's the same no?

Good call on the hops tho and it's even cheaper than you posted it's 5.94
Suspect all HBS should be clearing their 15 about now.

Paul B

Quote from: CH on January 19, 2017, 12:19:03 PM

For the original example it is. Also the 26 vs 18 are both with liquid yeast.

Qs

When I click the links geterbrewed doesn't work and HBCs Citra is €7.16.

Also from my experience I'd definitely pay more for hops from HBC than GEB. Far fresher.

Dr Brown Ale

Quote from: Paul B on January 19, 2017, 12:34:28 PM
Quote from: CH on January 19, 2017, 12:19:03 PM

For the original example it is. Also the 26 vs 18 are both with liquid yeast.
It's €8, but that's a 44% differential

That's worth talking about.

fishjam45 (Colin)

Any idea when 2016 hops harvest will be for sale?

(sorry if quesition was already asked, I had a quick read back up the thread and didnt see it)

Thanks in advance.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/