• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:08:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Looking for a bit of advice on my next kit brew.......

Started by oinkely, March 16, 2015, 11:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oinkely

All bottled and conditioning in the sitting room (warmest room in the house).

Had a minor panic when i measured the FG and it said 1.020 or something like that.  Then remembered i had already added the priming sugar so relaxed a bit. 

Gave the new bench capper a good work out as I only had 10 500ml bottles and the rest had to go into 330ml ones.  Lot of bottles and a lot of capping!  The dregs from the bottling bucket tasted good, a lot less in your face than the IPA so will hopefully be a hit with my wife.

On to the lightning strike now!

RobShamrock

Let me know how it tastes in a couple weeks, I've cleaned and stored my gear for now so wont be starting this for a while, I'm out of empty bottles, I must just order some more Coopers oxbar bottles, I've found them the easiest to use and store (see my ale thread)

oinkely

Will do Rob.

If you are around Wicklow give me a shout and you can try a bottle or two when it is ready

cheers

gearoid

glass bottles always available from these guys http://www.alpack.ie/Glass_Beer_Bottles_Swing_Top__Crown_Finish/Default.292.html
If you can collect from their location in Sandyford it's handy.

Kevin O'Roundwood

Jays didn't know there was a Craft Range blonde... might have to give it a blast. It'd be interesting to see how that Lightning Strike jobbie turns out too. The good weather this week got me thinking of summer booze...  ^-^
Buachaill dána

oinkely

After 6 days in the bottle the blonde got the seal of approval from the boss this evening. A bit flat, but damn tasty. It should hopefully improve with age.

RobShamrock

it should be better when left a bit longer. 6 days not very long.  Good sign that is tasty though

oinkely

Yeah, couldn't leave it any longer to try it.

I had it stored in the living room as that is the warmest room in the house and sits around 21 degrees most of the time.  Have since transferred it to the hotpress to get it to carb up properly and hopefully in a week or two we will have fizzy rather than flat yummy beer.

DEMPSEY

Mind it does not get too hot in the press as you might end up pasteurizing some of them :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

belfastjacko

21/22 degrees should be plenty to carb. My house sits steady at that and none of my beer seems flat.