• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:43:44 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Future Brewdays

Started by Padraic, January 27, 2013, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

Does Saturday or Sunday suit people better for future brewdays?

To be honest either day is as convenient for me if I know far enough in advance!

The other option which might be best is to have it Saturday one month and Sunday the next month.

I think something like "the last Saturday of the month" or "the last Sunday of the month" makes it very easy for people to remember when it will be on. (Not that it's a problem as you have all subscribed to the brilliant NHC Irish Beer and Brewing Calendar!)

Partridge9

I voted Sunday - but option 3 ok for me too.

Padraic

Looks like Sunday is running away with it!

I'll leave the poll run for a week!

Padraic

Saturday is clawing back a few votes! About 4 days left to vote!!!

Padraic

And we have a winner, thanks all who voted for their preferred brewday!

I hope to announce the upcoming brewdays in the very near future!

But one thing is for sure, the next one will be on a Sunday towards the end of this month!

rollout

I hope to announce the upcoming brewdays in the very near future!

But one thing is for sure, the next one will be on a Sunday towards the end of this month!

Is there any confirmation on when the next brew day will be? Circumstances meant I missed the first two so would love to make the next.

Padraic

It's being looked at at the moment, most likely the end of March, with the Championships at the start of march, the end of the march is probably best.

I'd say 31st of March but am awaiting confirmation from TOG. (Put that day in your diary for now and I'll try my best to deliver it!)

Partridge9

Sounds like a plan -

Should we do another extract brew ?

I will have the current one bottled and ready for 'sampling'

I can bring the German apparatus as well and brew a simple recipe on that -

I dont mind either way - have a think and let me know what you think is most appropriate / best.

Padraic

Sounds like a great plan James, we might as well stick to a winning formula.

It might be time to introduce something new as well I'm open to suggestions as to what we should do, some sort of project. I was thinking even something as simple as a boiler building workshop?

I might see if I can rope Ailbhe into doing a biab demonstration in the kitchen as well!

Shanna

February 14, 2013, 07:59:36 PM #9 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:07:41 PM by doshanahan
Hi Padraic,

I have a keg already started with the top cut off and the bottom for a drain drilled. The remaining work is to drill holes for two elements and wire them up. ideally I would also like to fit some insulation foil around the outside. let me know if you think this would be ok to do as a demo?

Shanna

ps: Still have to get the two heating elements and the insulation but should have this sorted by the end of March.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

February 14, 2013, 08:06:28 PM #10 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:06:56 PM by doshanahan
Padraic

Was thinking would this also be a good time to sample the brew s from the 8th of December brewing demonstration?

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Hi Padraic,

A few people have asked me about the next brew day in Tog? Any idea when this will be.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Padraic

Now that the competition is over it is time to get back on track!

I'll get on to my buddies at Tog and see what we can set up!

Padraic

I want to go for a collaborative format but would be interested in hearing otehr people's views?

My view of the club is that we should brew together once a month and show anyone new what's happening along the way as opposed to just being there to teach people the basics!

I'd rerally liek to hear other's opinions!