• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:08 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tasting evening

Started by Padraic, December 17, 2012, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

Would there be much interest in a tasting evening where we got together and tasted each others brews and maybe even filled out some bjcp style score sheets? It could be good feedback for people planning on entering the competition?

I think the feedback would be good for anyone who's having difficulty with a brew and wants to find out what's gone wrong etc.

Cathal O D

I think its a good idea anyway

Rossa

CARA

Great idea, I love tasting other peoples brews! I have a few nearly ready for sampling too :)
Upa Sesh

Padraic

Still working in getting this sorted for January!

I'm thinking for February we might all try a similar style and have themed tastings?

How do people feel about that?

Padraic

I'm thinking we could try to co-ordinate... Maybe give people three months to have a chance to brew similar styles, just think it would be good to try similar beers on a tasting flight, it would be great for anyone who has an interest in going into beer judging...

Shanna

Hi Padraic,

Two months have nearly passed since.you wrote.this. Any chance we could organise something around this in the next few weeks? Was thinking that the first tog brew might be good to go now since they have been conditioning for approx two months in my shed.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Padraic

Yea, it is about time we got organised on this front! I'm out of town this week but will get on to it next week!

Shanna

Hi there,

Tog capital brew Sierra Nevada pale ale hacked kit scores a very respectable 38 points in its first entry in competition.  To say I was happy was an understatement. Will be interesting to see how it  stacks up against the extract and all grain versions.

Can't wait to see the score sheets for this and my other two beers.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

IsMise

Fantastic result Shanna, well done. Being there in TOG on the day and seeing the 3 brewing techniques was really useful, be very interesting to see how the other 2 brews compared.. well done again, must keep a check when tasting day is due ;)

Rossa

we should have entered all three for giggles. any word on a tasting session?