• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:06:07 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next Brewday - 14th April @ TOG

Started by Padraic, March 24, 2013, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

Is there a charge for TOG that we all put in for?

TOG give us the place to use and don't charge us anything, but the appreciate if you buy things from their tuck shop (sweets/drinsk etc.). I would propose that we do a voluntary whip around and donate half the cash to TOG for hosting us and put the other half towards ingredients for teh brewday. Hiow do people feel about this plan? I think it's better than having a set fee?

Just updating the list

1. Padraic
2. Paddy Bubbles
3. beerfly
4. Jules (+1)
5. Shanna
6. Thomas
7. Shiny
8. Dan G
9. Will_D

Padraic

So on the day we hope to have two brews going, one extract and one all grain.

Shanna has kindly offered to do a demo of piecing togethers a kettle or two in a workshop that will include a plastic bucket and a stainless steel container.

Shiny and DanG might do a slant making workshop, I'll PM them to organise something!

(I think I've covered most of the earlier queries but if I've missed a question let me know!)

irish_goat

If we're heading to the B&C after I can see about getting us finger food as well.

Bubbles

QuoteI would propose that we do a voluntary whip around and donate half the cash to TOG for hosting us and put the other half towards ingredients for teh brewday. Hiow do people feel about this plan?

I've no problem contributing a few bucks to cover a brew day like this - after all, someone has to pay for the ingredients and asking people to donate ingredients on the day is too unreliable.

Would it be possible for brewday contributors to get a bottle of the finished brew to take home and savour? :)

irish_goat

TOG give us the place to use and don't charge us anything, but the appreciate if you buy things from their tuck shop (sweets/drinsk etc.). I would propose that we do a voluntary whip around and donate half the cash to TOG for hosting us and put the other half towards ingredients for teh brewday. Hiow do people feel about this plan? I think it's better than having a set fee?

I think a set price per brew day would be better. "Voluntary whip round" is quite vague and if one person donates a decent amount then others might feel obliged to do the same. €2/3 should be grand and maybe ensure everyone walks away with at least 1 bottle of beer or the promise of a bottle.   Definitely agree with giving TOG something as well.

Can we maybe get an average of the cost of the last brew days?

Ciderhead

TOG give us the place to use and don't charge us anything, but the appreciate if you buy things from their tuck shop (sweets/drinsk etc.). I would propose that we do a voluntary whip around and donate half the cash to TOG for hosting us and put the other half towards ingredients for teh brewday.

;)

Ciderhead

Apart from my sarcasm let me know some of the more exotic ingredients required for your AG, I have been promising for months, down in HBC Thurs.

GrahamR

Would deffo be interested. Where exactly is TOG. I know where B&C is if its near
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

jules

QuoteWould deffo be interested. Where exactly is TOG. I know where B&C is if its near

Its a triangular shaped warehouse  about 5 mins from the Bull & Castle

http://www.tog.ie/location/

Shane Phelan

Shiny and DanG might do a slant making workshop, I'll PM them to organise something!

That looks to be confirmed.  :)
Brew Log

Padraic

QuoteApart from my sarcasm let me know some of the more exotic ingredients required for your AG, I have been promising for months, down in HBC Thurs.

Your presence would be appreciated more than your presents! Are you free on the day?

Rossa

April 02, 2013, 08:24:36 PM #26 Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:25:37 PM by Ronaldo
What are we brewing? And when I say we do I mean I? Anyone else want to brew? I could bring my shiny keggle.

Padraic

I think a set price per brew day would be better. "Voluntary whip round" is quite vague and if one person donates a decent amount then others might feel obliged to do the same. €2/3 should be grand and maybe ensure everyone walks away with at least 1 bottle of beer or the promise of a bottle.   Definitely agree with giving TOG something as well.

Can we maybe get an average of the cost of the last brew days?

You might be right that a suggested donation of €3 will be easier to manage and affordable for all who come along. I'll put a box by the door and people can drop their donations in there and we'll split the cash between Tog and ourselves.

Rossa

What about lodging it with the National account so we can draw on it when we are buying our club house...(quickly affiliating myself with south Dublin again)

Padraic

QuoteWhat are we brewing? And when I say we do I mean I? Anyone else want to brew? I could bring my shiny keggle.

You have free reign on what you're brewing but if you'd like we can start a topic with a vote!

I think James is going to do the extract, is he bored of doing the same recipe?

I'm easy on what people are brewing!