• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:19:41 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next Brewday - 14th April @ TOG

Started by Padraic, March 24, 2013, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Hi Paddy bubbles

Only problem with getting a bottle is that it takes a fair few weeks for there to be anything ready to drink :)

Shanna

I've no problem contributing a few bucks to cover a brew day like this - after all, someone has to pay for the ingredients and asking people to donate ingredients on the day is too unreliable.

Would it be possible for brewday contributors to get a bottle of the finished brew to take home and savour? :)
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

Hi guys

Just had a thought do we need bottles?

Shanna
QuoteHi Paddy bubbles

Only problem with getting a bottle is that it takes a fair few weeks for there to be anything ready to drink :)

Shanna

I've no problem contributing a few bucks to cover a brew day like this - after all, someone has to pay for the ingredients and asking people to donate ingredients on the day is too unreliable.

Would it be possible for brewday contributors to get a bottle of the finished brew to take home and savour? :)
Hops Group buy packer

Ciderhead

QuoteApart from my sarcasm let me know some of the more exotic ingredients required for your AG, I have been promising for months, down in HBC Thurs.

Your presence would be appreciated more than your presents! Are you free on the day?

Only allowed i week-end pass in April and its going on red T's :(

Shanna

April 04, 2013, 06:54:55 PM #33 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:55:48 PM by doshanahan
Hi Thomas

Hacked Ipa kit from 2nd December cost approx €26 for kit, hops and spraymalt

Shanna
Can we maybe get an average of the cost of the last brew days?

Hops Group buy packer

beerfly

April 04, 2013, 09:49:34 PM #34 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:49:53 PM by zapmatic
I would guess james and rossa's last time would have been in the 12 -14 range each.
maybe a tiny bit more with james using a bit of every grain available and rossa a bit of every salt available ;D

Partridge9

April 08, 2013, 12:01:19 PM #35 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:01:31 PM by Partridge9
With regards to the costs -

I have no problem donating my ingredients most of which are very cheap (except the DME).

Its a great day !

Can wait for Sunday !

irish_goat

QuoteHi guys

Just had a thought do we need bottles?

Shanna

I have about 60 flip tops boxed up which I can bring down, can get us more regular bottles if we need it.

CARA

I'm going to have to miss this again unfortunately. My day off this week is being used to inspect the barrels. Can't wait, but gutted to miss another TOG
Upa Sesh

Shanna

Guys any decision on a recipe yet?

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Garrett Murphy

I'll be the newbie looking on and asking questions....

See you all there

Garrett

Shane Phelan

Welcome aboard Garrett, I will be one of the guys with vials probably struggling to answer questions.  ;D

01. Padraic
02. Paddy Bubbles
03. beerfly
04. Jules (+1)
05. Shanna
06. Thomas
07. Shiny
08. Dan G
09. Will_D
10. Garrett
Brew Log

Rossa

I've got wlp 300 that was bottled yesterday. If we use it what would we want brewed?

1.Hopfen-Weisse
2. Hefe
3.Dunkel
4 WeissenBock
5. American wheat

irish_goat

I'd not say no to a Dunkel or a hopfen-weisse(but one that is more focused on dry/late hopping rather than being bitter).

Bubbles

The Hopfen-Weiss or Dunkel gets my vote too. I only recently found out what out a Hopfen-Weiss actually is! I've never been much enthused by American wheat beers.

I did an extract Weissen myself recently with WLP300 and I'm in two minds whether it actually turned out well or not. There's bags of banana in there and a little spice, but there's a slight off-flavour I'm not happy with. If I bring in a couple of bottles on Sunday, will you fellas diagnose it for me?? (Or is drinking during brewday a complete 'no-no'?!  ;D)

Bubbles

QuoteI have about 60 flip tops boxed up which I can bring down, can get us more regular bottles if we need it.

Thomas, slightly off-topic I know - do you ever come across any empty Duvel bottles up there? I'm after a few for a barleywine project I'm planning.