• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 07:45:03 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wheat or rye malt needed!

Started by bshort3, May 17, 2015, 12:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bshort3

Planned on doing a Weizen today - I've got my yeast starter ready to go and all.  Realised I am short on wheat malt (I know, I know, poor planning).  A bit difficult to brew a Weizen without the wheat malt.  I could change directions a bit and make this a Roggenbier but I don't have enough rye either.  Anyone around Dublin have some spare wheat or rye malt knocking around that I could pick - I'd love to do this brew today as planned? Cheers, Brian.

Brew_Diva

Hi Brian,

Did you get your wheat malt? I have a couple of KG you can pick up if you wish? Am in Crumlin, beside DID Electrical

Shanna

Quote from: bshort3 on May 17, 2015, 12:30:56 PM
Planned on doing a Weizen today - I've got my yeast starter ready to go and all.  Realised I am short on wheat malt (I know, I know, poor planning).  A bit difficult to brew a Weizen without the wheat malt.  I could change directions a bit and make this a Roggenbier but I don't have enough rye either.  Anyone around Dublin have some spare wheat or rye malt knocking around that I could pick - I'd love to do this brew today as planned? Cheers, Brian.
How much do you need & where are you? Should have a few kg of wheat & at least a kg of Rye. In Blackrock PM if you still need it.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

bshort3

Hi Shanne, Thanks for the reply.  I'm in Dublin 7 with no car so doubtful I could make it down to Blackrock today.  Thanks for the offer!!

nigel_c

You can get flaked rye in most health food shops if your that stuck.

Shanna

Quote from: bshort3 on May 17, 2015, 03:31:42 PM
Hi Shanne, Thanks for the reply.  I'm in Dublin 7 with no car so doubtful I could make it down to Blackrock today.  Thanks for the offer!!
No worries hope you were still able to brew?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member