• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:38:25 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

All club brewing session

Started by Beerdoh, March 14, 2013, 02:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerdoh

Recently it's been noted that the club could do with an injection of life! Understandably there's been a core group of enthusiasts that have kept things going for quite a while, so no disrespect to anyone; although the laid back feel is great, it would be nice to maybe pick up the pace of the club a little bit. No one wants to come in gung ho into this, so these are just suggestions.

How do people feel about doing:
A brew session / demo of both a kit or extract brew and an all grain brew? This could be split into two or more sessions due to time and space restrictions.
Within the AG, there could be an overview of the equipment used, the materials required to build, rough estimate of cost/time to build, pro's and con's of AG, possible evolution of equipment and a bit of a how to!
It would be nice to not only do this for ourselves, but to also invite along some interested parties to try and get more people involved in brewing.

I suggest we ask Flash if we can use the upstairs outside area (that we can never open the doors to unless Wayne is there), I volunteer bringing my AG gear down (as rough and ready as some of it is). We can scope out places to get water and 'leccy from too before we arrange a fixed date.

Honestly I think it's very do-able and i'm sure that Flash would oblige if we had enough of us there to buy a few drinks after. Not only that he might be able to help us by advertising in Revolution and Oskars that it's on; it could help us to draw in a bit more of a crowd.

What does everyone think? Feedback needed and very welcome! :)
To brew: Bohemian Lager, Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen
Fermenting: Imperial IPA
Conditioning:
Serving:Munich Helles (Helles Bells), Oatmeal Stout

newToBrew

I probably should have found this post before I responded to the march meeting one  !!!-
anyway - I did run this idea past flash last year and he was very open to it
wanted to run it as an event for general public  - charge a few bob in and give a craft beer samplers along with it - and maybe some food too ? can't quiet remember, but it is definitely worth talking it out with him and coming up with a proper date and what not 
coz theres always something new to do

Beerdoh

Alright, that sounds cool.
I'll have a chat with him and see what suits. Then I guess it would be a matter of having one or two other volunteers to help on the day while we're doing the brew!
Conditioning:

newToBrew

missed this post too !

been thinkin about it - if we could schedule it for one of our brew meets in the summer or if on a different date - as an alternative ti that months meeting ? - well  if not it would prob work out like that for me

anyway - have a chat with the man on saturday - we could have it as an inter club type thing too - I would liek to be apart pf it on the day - can bring in some of my equipment - would be easier for me as Im so close by

Beerdoh

Sound Damo, they're all good idea's. I'll chat with Flash on Saturday and see what he says, if he was ok about it last time, I'm sure he'll happily do it again this time.

Who's the closest club to us? Cork?
Conditioning:

newToBrew

yeah - I'd say cork would be alright - ah - I guess when we do it - everyone here will know and people can drop by if they like

Beerdoh

Conditioning: