• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:14:23 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Aussie Beers In South East?

Started by Greg2013, March 18, 2013, 05:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Ok i want to get hold of some genuine aussie and nz beers, now i can order a six pack of coopers pale ale online but its and extra 10 euro to get it delivered and i'll be damned if i am going to pay that.

Is there any where in the south east or tbh in Waterford in particular that stocks these beers? I have tried Superquinn online and they do not seem to do them. Tesco online same story.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Yes but is that Tesco up around Dublin tube?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Garry

If you're down this neck of the woods, O'Donovans off-licence in Ballincollig have Coopers original pale ale and coppers sparkling ale :)

Are you doing a comparision with one of your own or what?

Greg2013

johnrm

Not wanting to derail this  thread but What is the opinion on Coopers Ales?
Are they as good as the kit versions? ;)

Garry

@John, I've only tried the original pale ale. It is very hoppy, it reminded me of taking a sip of beer when I was way to young to be taking a sip of beer ;D I wasn't expecting the bitterness but it was nice. I wasn't long going through the pack  ;D Its a nice golden colour with a few bits floating around it!

I have never tasted a coopers kit ipa so can't do a comparision  :'( I have a very young muntons ipa which is much darker in colour and tastes much milder, more like a British ale than an american ipa. So very different to the coppers bottle.

@deadman1972, have you tried thebeerclub.ie? They only appear to charge €5 for delivery?

newToBrew

@ Deadman - tescos ( maybe dunmore road one)
World Wide Wines - ( out by the hospital)

SuperQuinn - (Tramore Road)

Off Licence in Lisduggan ( beside Park inn on Paddy Brownes Road )

you'll find each has a different range of Crafts 

coz theres always something new to do

Greg2013

Garry m8 its 10 euro for delivery nationally so on a six pack thats 20 euro delivered. :'(

Garry

I've just tried it again and it's saying €5 delivery?

Greg2013

Thats strange cause on the site it quotes 10 euro flat rate.

Garry

Greg2013

Nah m8 its cause youre a dirty cork hoore :o ;D

Greg2013

Garry m8 you are correct, i went back and although postage is quoted under the shiiping tag as being 10 euro, on the main page way down at the bottom it states shipping has now dropped to a fiver nationwide :-[ ;D

Beerdoh

If you do order in some Aussie beers using this, see if they have any Little Creatures beers - their beers are worth trying. ;-)
To brew: Bohemian Lager, Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen
Fermenting: Imperial IPA
Conditioning:
Serving:Munich Helles (Helles Bells), Oatmeal Stout

Greg2013

Just checked beerdoh and no they don't have any. May order a six pack as a trial run tomorrow just to check total cost and delivery times etc. ;D