• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:25:58 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Aussie Beers In South East?

Started by Greg2013, March 18, 2013, 05:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerdoh

Keep an eye out for them next time your in a good offie - if you're into your Aussie beers they're well worth a drink.
You should go up to Dublin and stock up in one of the offies up there, (the selection on that site is good, but only as good as a decent off licence )- stop off at the Bull & Castle and/or Porterhouse too :o I remember my first time... lol
To brew: Bohemian Lager, Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen
Fermenting: Imperial IPA
Conditioning:
Serving:Munich Helles (Helles Bells), Oatmeal Stout

Greg2013

LOL Thought of that allright Beerdoh but i would be getting the bus so i doubt i would be able to get very much. Might still do it anyway, can't say i am into Aussie beers as i have never tried any, thats why i want to get hold of the Coopers and others. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

MAF

They have Coopers in Walsh's Spar in Dungarvan!!
I think they have the Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale, they had the last time I was there anyway.

Greg2013

Snap Maf was actually in there yesterday and picked up a six pack of each, tried the sparkling ale last night, not bad at all, has a sweet taste i can't quite place though ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

newToBrew

AFAIK  Superquin have twoyees new - its an oz beer - but its nothing fancy - think its the backpackers choice over there - so probably a cheap and nasty one - thats been lauded as a a fancy world beer
coz theres always something new to do

Greg2013

Just did a review of the coopers sparkling ale and original ale and i thought the sparkling was an excellent beer, however the original had a baby puke smell to it on the nose but not in the mouth :'(

Ciderhead

March 22, 2013, 11:32:16 AM #21 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:34:09 AM by Ciderhead
Compared to Pineapple chunks and Treacle Syrup Stout, I think that kids puke is a great improvement, nice lactose finish ;)
Hows our Euro Lager looking, stopped bubbling?

Greg2013

Looking good ciderhead no bubbles with a while now ;D leave it another while eh?

Tom Williams

Lads, they have those beers in Tesco, Poleberry, i only got the IPA last week there

Greg2013

What IPA? If i get time tomorrow i will call in assuming i can find the place ;D