• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:53:34 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

August Meet

Started by rukkus, August 07, 2013, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

August is nuts with holidays anyway.
Maybe I need to spend a whole weekend at home for a change.  ???

newToBrew

Well.... I've stayed outa d chat about it coz I can't make it - can't speak for anyone else
coz theres always something new to do

Greg2013

Quote from: newToBrew on August 19, 2013, 08:23:55 AM
Well.... I've stayed outa d chat about it coz I can't make it - can't speak for anyone else

Fair enough newtobrew after all you did say that earlier, i just wish others had one way or the other tbh.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 19, 2013, 01:57:09 PM
Deadman, you could try get a club going yourself in Dungarvan?

Organise to do a kit demo and ask Cormac O'Dwyer to be on hand for an hour?

Not a bad idea Shane, however i am starting college in September so i will not have the time to do anything for a while, that was the main reason i wanted to get a meeting in before i started, it will be my last for a while :'(
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

newToBrew

Sure if your in college in the wit you'll be around town more often?

Greg2013

Quote from: newToBrew on August 19, 2013, 07:12:52 PM
Sure if your in college in the wit you'll be around town more often?

Yes during the week not on weekends, still no good when nobody else bothers to turn up :)

[/quote]
There's also the Cork meets which are quite successful and there's a regular bus between Cork and Dungarvan ;)
[/quote]

True and that may well be the way to go down the road, however i will stick with my lot until they make up their minds one way or the other if there is going to be an active meeting schedule etc. ???

johnrm

Start the Wort Fermentation society.

brenmurph

I'm dying for an excuse for a trip to dungarvan :)  great little campsite just over the old harbour!

newToBrew

are you gonna be in wit ? that'll make it easier to catch up in general - i know we can't do brew meets as - such - but I only work on the estate  over the road -  can drop over on a lunch break some time - we can have a coffee - talk existentialism like what those cool college kids in de moovies do !
all kidding aside - it will make it easier to catch up - trade - swop - barter  - stuff like that

Ciderhead

I'd be well up for a few pints in dungarvan, some of the best food and drink in the country in that town

johnrm

@DM, Have you got space for camping? Do you BBQ?
Bring the party home!

newToBrew

........i could be available the weekend of the 31st of August ..........

;D ;D ;D ;D

Greg2013

August 19, 2013, 10:38:04 PM #27 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:48:51 PM by deadman1972
Yes i will be in main campus WIT :) Realistically between now and Christmas will be tough going and i need to dedicate myself to this new course so home brewing will have to take a back burner unless it fits my schedule.

Will meet anytime in Dungarvan between now and September 9th.

I do have the space Johnrm but not the time LOL.

Yes newtobrew it may be easier to catch up when i start allright, kinda preoccupied with getting ready for the off atm but once i find my feet i will certainly be looking into matters :)

brenmurph

@ tube

was cider pointing at Merries?

Greg2013

Quote from: brenmurph on August 20, 2013, 08:23:35 AM
@ tube

was cider pointing at Merries?

I believe he was Brenmurph, certainly not my cooking anyway :D