• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:23:10 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday Kildare Sunday 31st.. & camp overnight ALL NHC people welcome

Started by brenmurph, August 26, 2013, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

as usual our monthly meet, good food banter, brew stuff and camping for those who enjoy chilling by the campfire with a brew :) ;) :D ;D

see the pics of our club home here http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,3675.0.html

contact Brenmurph or Kellie for more info

JD

Hi Bren,
May have to cry off at the last minute but should be able to make it along.
What brew is planned?
/J

brenmurph

August 26, 2013, 11:54:13 AM #2 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:57:25 AM by brenmurph
no WORRIES U know where we are :)

Therll be optional camping if things go top plan, hoping to make this a summer festy thinggy..

No brew planned, we may even just do a taster day depending on wasps...We had an invasion last weekend doin the California common, wasnt nice :(

We will figure a brew nearer the day, ill see whos comin and put it out there.

Our parti gyle is doin ok. Theres 4 bottles lagerin and the rest left in cool shed ( see the difference) . the other half is in keg bit of chill haze but tastes and looks grand

brenmurph

Weather forecast lookin good, so get over to Kildare brewday/ beer tastin, and camping / sleeping for those who want to chill over a campfire and homebrew.

Great food, beer and wine weekend

brenmurph

REMNDER REMINDER REMINDER  Brew day and meet up tomorra all welcome

Brewin, tastin, banter...try make it along.. remember green bus a fiver from Red cow, 10 euros from airport
by car 25 mins from red cow.
Good food beer and optional camping overnight, super hops,  veggies and campfire in the garden

brenmurph

no worries, spread the word and plug it if u can...Rueuen and hillary are campin over and JD should be here and a couple of portloise members as well as my normal dropper in neighbours and friends throughout the day.
Love to see more getting to the meets ( not just mine) as I always suggest we need as much real brew days as well as the usual pub meets.
people ( and myself) learn sooooo much on brew days...

also therell be a sunday bash maybe a brew-breakfast 11-til midday and prob some tastin in the afternoon :)

brenmurph

Last reminder. Kildare brewday 5 euros on green bus, bring ur tent enjoy the day

Brewday, banter, great beer, great food, see the hop plants in all their glory, food from the garden, and to top off the evening  we have beer imported specially from Munich by a lesser known NHC member to go with the smoked sausage, green peppars and cheese from the BBQ..campfire and homebrew.

All welcome bren & Kellie!! :) ;) :D ;D  come on great day planned :)  Midday till very late (Sat & Sunday  :P)

johnrm

Is this on Saturday 31st or Sunday 31st?
I hate that when the same date falls on 2 consecutive days.

brenmurph

its the whole weekend...dontb get too technical...when we do gigs here in Kildare we dont rush our guests out too quick.. i.e we dont have closing times :) ;) :D ;D

johnrm

brenmurph

we dont care... we are here all weekend, food and beer is plentyfull and camping space is not limited :) ;) :D ;D

brenmurph

September 01, 2013, 09:57:50 PM #11 Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:01:28 PM by brenmurph
Quick report on weekend... reuben ( saurman) can give his feedback if he wants.

Ok Feck uip  with the title of the event there was no sunday 31st and it should have been saturday 31st ??? ::)  but we done an all-weekender anyway

Thanks to Tube (shane) for dropping in and havin a chat and checkin out the FAB hop crop. Reuben and Hillary turned up in the camper and we got straight to work...on the samples of 10 + kegs that we had to work through. Have to say Reuben worked incredibly hard as did I.....at least we did an honest evenings / days work. Hillary came down cos she heard there was a whole Keg of Pinot Grigio :) ;) :D ;D which there certainly was :P Kellie was so busy doin great food all weekend she didnt get that much time to drink. So beer, wine, few laughs later around the campfire we worked through 6 or 7 old beers from bottles which I had stored away as I recall...Vienna lager, IPA,  modded bitter with choc and hops, and a different version of dry hopped mild. From keg we had dusseldorf alt dry hopped, several english bitters, mild and a parti-gyle bitter with german hops, we also had a garden light ale, spruce lager and a coors clone not ready yet in addition to tastes of the smokey 1 & 2 and JD's parti gyle brew from a month ago.

Around the campfire we ( Gonky, kellie, Dee, Reuben, Hillary, Sam, Phil, and myself tried a few more shared beers....3 german beers  brought from Munich this week by Billy the Gypsey, and topped the night with an old 1992 Glenkinche ( me and reuben)

Food.....flowed all weekend...BBQ amazin spread... sat dinner great...... and sunday.........ahhhhh :) ;) :D ;D  DAY 2......

Ok long hard day saturday it was....breakfast at 11am sunday...kellie provided the excellent food again.... Rueben had a gig to do and they headed off at lunchtime.....2 minutes later JD arrived...

Great brewday sunday.. hey hey :) ;) :D ;D another unusual beer ( as we always do :D)

Off we go...more food laid on at 4pm after to set up and mashed out the Liquorice porter suggested by Gonky. In the end its a brown ale with some roast barley.
Lager malt, HOME ROASTED BARLEY STRAIGHT FROM THE FIELD YESTERDAY... only gorgeous roasty, toasty smokey smell all over the house..., biscuit, amber, wheat, Molases and Star anise. Turned out a great mash and pitched the notty at 7pm after the boil with star anise, DANA hops ( 60 mins) and hersbruker late addition

Summary great food mostly from the garden ( beetroot, onion, tomatoes, cucumber beet leaves, squash, herbs, potatoes and green peppars as well as the quail eggs from our hens and thanks to Ralph Sherwood for the Fresh field barley and the prize hen eggs, which were outstanding...add above to the non-garden including the bbq stuff and german sausages... yahhoo , great company great campfire and BBQ and  great beer and wine and a lovely brew day today.
For more info ask Reuben or JD about The SOUTH KILDARE BREWERS where all NHC members are encouraged and most welcome, beginners to advanced and where no question or suggestion is a stupid question or suggestion because brewing is not an exact science when it comes down to it :).

Till the next one....get ur assess down here...what are ye waitin for..,

4 weeks time :) ;) :D ;D

Dunkel

Brendan,
Sounds like you had a great time! Working all this weekend, but I'm defo gonna come down for the next one if I can. Long live South Kildare!  :D

brenmurph

@ Dunkel...certainly was as per report below and ur more than welcome down next one

Quick report on weekend... reuben ( saurman) can give his feedback if he wants.

Ok Feck uip  with the title of the event there was no sunday 31st and it should have been saturday 31st ??? ::)

Thanks to Tube (shane) for dropping in and havin a chat and checkin out the FAB hop crop. Reuben and Hillary turned up in the camper and we got straight to work...on the samples of 10 + kegs that we had to work through. have to say Reuben worked incredibly hard as did I.....at least we did an honest evenings / days work. Hillary came down cos she heard there was a whole Keg of Pinot Grigio :) ;) :D ;D which there certainly was :P Kellie was so busy doin great food all weekend she didnt get that much time to drink. So beer, wine, few laughs later around the campfire we worked through 6 or 7 old beers from bottles which I had stored away as I recall...Vienna lager, IPA,  moddes bitter with choc and hops, and a different version of mild. From keg we had dusseldorf alt, dry hopped, bitter, mild and a parti-gyle bitter with german hops, we also had a garden light ale, spruce lager and a coors clone not ready yet in addition to tastes of the smokey 1 & 2.

Around the camffire we ( Gonky, kellie, Dee, Reuben, hillary, sam, Phil, and myself tries a few more....3 german beers from Munich brought from Munich this week by Billy the Gypsey, and topped the night with a 1992 Glenkinche ( me and reuben)

Food.....flowed all weekend...BBQ amazin spread... sat dinner great...... and sunday.........ahhhhh :) ;) :D ;D

Ok long hard day saturday....breakfast...kellie provided the excellent food again.... Rueben had a gig to do and they headed off at lunchtime.....2 minutes later JD arrived...

Great brewday.. hey hey :) ;) :D ;D

Off we go...more food laid on at 4pm after to set up and mashed out the Liquorice porter suggested by Gonky.  Lager malt, HOME ROASTED BARLEY STRAIGHT FROM THE FIELD YESTERDAY... only gorgeous roasty, toasty smokey smell all over the house..., biscuit, amber, wheat, Molases and Star anise. Turned out a great mash and pitched the notty at 7pm after the boil with star anise, DANA hops ( 60 mins) and hersbruker late addition

Summary great food mostly from the garden ( beetroot, onion, tomatoes, cucumber beet leaves, squash, herbs, potatoes and green peppars as well as the quail eggs and thanks to ralph Sherwood for the Field barley and the prize hen eggs which were outstanding...add above to the non-garden including the bbq stuff and german sausages... yahhoo , great company great campfire and BBQ and  great beer and wine and a lovely brew day today.
For more info ask Reuben or JD about The SOUTH KILDARE BREWERS where all NHC members are encouraged and most welcome.

Till the next one....get ur assess down here...what are ye waitin for..,

4 weeks time :) ;) :D ;D

johnrm

So good he posted it twice!
I would love to have made it, unfortunately this did not happen. Maybe next month.