• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:46:35 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Photo Tour of South Kildare Brewers facility

Started by brenmurph, August 26, 2013, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

August 26, 2013, 11:27:51 AM Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:42:27 PM by brenmurph
HI All just a few pics of the kildare Hombrewers community

I still claim we are without a dought the busiest group in the land.

We have 4 in secondary, 4 in lagering and 7 or 8 drinking at present...Oh and one in Lucan in a whiskey barrel :)

We brew every week often 3 times a week and every day we have tasks....Where does it all go people ask?  well it Goes...ask Reuben, Colin, Is mise, John and others who have gave it a lash down here :)

BROWSE THROUGH THE PICS AND SEE WHATS ON OFFER HERE AND GET TO A MEET SOON..ALL BREWERS WELCOME

Next day / weekend is aug 31st, camping by the fire with a homebrew ( weather permitting) otherwise its indoors to the polytunnel :)

Garry

Great pics Bren  :)

I'd love to see what's going on inside the mayonnaise bucket. Is it some kind of HERMS?

Ciderhead

Very fancy, Brendan whats the pipe going from the HLT or boiler into the mayo tub for?

Edit Garry beat me to it!

brenmurph

Pump :) out bottom into top continuous circulation

Garry

Quote from: brenmurph on August 26, 2013, 01:37:26 PM
@garry

Are you trying to tease me or what  :P :P

I'll have to take a trip up to see it myself sometime. It won't be this year though  :( (unless you've got a crèche there too?).

Ciderhead

Quote from: brenmurph on August 26, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
Pump :) out bottom into top continuous circulation

huh? pic inside the mayo tub if you can?

brenmurph

@garry

Bucket with lid.

1 the rex is to control thermostatically the mash and switch the element and or pump
2 The pump is to pump clear wort from the tap up to the top of the grain and back down
3  the relay is because the rex only switches 3 amps.
4 The pump is a 12 volt pump and the transformer is to run that.
5 it looks like a bomb hit it but I assure u its safe and reliable with the lid on tight :)

Ciderhead

August 26, 2013, 02:04:10 PM #7 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:16:37 PM by Ciderhead
Whoa Brendan! I think I preferred the mystique, talk about a bucket of bits ;)  I suppose if it does the job.

Tube I take it back all is forgiven.

Only one comment is about the electrics and liquids in the same container in case you blew a hose.

Is that a REX 700? I need some input from someone about programming and I am about to "mount one" myself
Do you not need a heat sink for the relay? I can see the air conditioning all right.

brenmurph

@ cider

Liquid and electrics in the one bucket..
anybody ever had an electric shower in their house and stand in it to wash tehemselves?
Or an undersink heater?

or use an electric kettle?

thats wat we have elcb's for :)

The hoses wont burst nor will the fluid leak..the wires are connected safely, the bucket is waterproof and the power supply is very well protected with an extra earth rod at my shed just to ensure we have full conductivity.

And besides this is the prototype version 2, will have a professional one in two waterproof JB's very soon

brenmurph

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 26, 2013, 02:19:03 PM
Quote from: brenmurph on August 26, 2013, 01:55:06 PM
sorry garry ever tried uploadin a pic here... 400 different not allowed messages after waitin 10 minutes...
Your pics are on the big side Bren. About 1024 across in width is enough for a forum. Set your camera to 1 megapixel before you take the photos.

cameras smallest is 2 mp

i cant be assed reducin them all one by one..sorry I know its a pain.

im buildin a webpage for the South Kildare Brew community itll be ready soon.  then I can do a link.

Is there no way for the forum to resize to fit the window automatically?

Garry

That's a dainty looking pump Bren, have you a link for it?

Here's a cool program I use for resizing images. It's very handy.

brenmurph

@ everyone..

re the bucket...
Dont try that at home..

Its proytotype number 2 only done for the partigyle brewday couple weeks ago.

Wasnt goin to buy JB's and spend hours perfectin them to find things had technical or functional issues.

the system works flawlessly, the rex controls superbly and the idea is very simple and practical. The pump is perfect at its normal flow rate and the sparging works so well it puts out sharp clear wort.

Ill post up the real version with diagrams in due course. The finished one will have an elevated post with electrics and common plugin,  the pump in the blue meat tray ( remember the pump is 12 volts not mains)

Ciderhead

or just use TT if you have a smartphone, its the db's at up loading pics to the forum from your phone.

brenmurph

Quote from: Garry on August 26, 2013, 02:28:38 PM
That's a dainty looking pump Bren, have you a link for it?

Here's a cool program I use for resizing images. It's very handy.

pumps from china ebay, food grade, about 16 euros.  some are using the light brown ones from UK ebay about similar price

brenmurph

NO use havin a pump too fast.. this one flows nicely and leaves an inch or two of wort sitting on the grain bed....too fast it will suck air and  get damages as the wort overflows ;D