• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:29 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Small BIAB Kettle

Started by thehoppyending, January 06, 2022, 02:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehoppyending

Howdy!

I'm plotting my first BIAB recipe. Likely an American Pale Ale. I'm on a minimal plan. Very little space and making use of what I have. This includes a 13L pot. Is this too small? I know I can dial down the recipe to a 10 boil etc but is 13L workable?

Pheeel

13L is a bit on the small side but most of us have started on something similar!! Would you think of doing a partial mash instead? Do the main mash BIAB with the pot you have and top up with LME or DME at the end of the boil and then top up the water at the end? That's how I first started brewing
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Seaneh

Quote from: thehoppyending on January 06, 2022, 02:27:47 AMHowdy!

I'm plotting my first BIAB recipe. Likely an American Pale Ale. I'm on a minimal plan. Very little space and making use of what I have. This includes a 13L pot. Is this too small? I know I can dial down the recipe to a 10 boil etc but is 13L workable?

For the price you'd pay for the likes of a PECO boiler (I currently use one myself) you'd be far better off getting something like the all in one system below for €202.50 if you can get it delivered to a UK (NI?) address.

I have one due to be delivered on Monday to Enniskillen, same system as the brewmonk/hopcat/bulldog/etc, all bought OEM from China and rebaged.

It's £235 including delivery but the website has a 25% off coupon code on the listing, add that at checkout and it drops to £176.99 which worked out at €202.50 when I ordered the other day.

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-Appliances/Home-Brewing-Equipment/Mundschenk-Mash-Kettle-Beer-Brewing-System-2500-W-30-l-9-Programmes-ks.html