• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2024, 07:01:02 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 28th January

Started by Bubbles, January 07, 2016, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on January 08, 2016, 06:13:44 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on January 08, 2016, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: molc on January 08, 2016, 01:26:55 PM
One small issue - the meet is after the collection date, unless Conor knows the bottles are getting picked up after the meet. 31st January is the official deadline, so keep it in mind.

You'll still have to have the beers registered and paid for by the 31st Jan!

So choose your categories carefully! :)
Can you update the category after that date?

Shanna

It should be fairly clear cut what category the beer belongs in. Those guidelines are pretty comprehensive - just go through the beer styles you think your beer might belong in, and tick off each characteristic. If you can't decide, enter the beer in more than one category. Simples!

Lurchalicious

January 09, 2016, 06:59:47 PM #16 Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:51:21 PM by Lurchalicious
1. Bubbles - Porter, Bitter
2. Molc - Feb - ipa, cal common mk2, stout, citra ipa/amber
3. Shanna - Feb - Jaggery Pale Ale (made with fenugreek and Jaggery cane sugar) my take on a Randy Mosher recipe.
4. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.

Edit: Sorry Shanna I didn't see your sign up in post 9 until now!

bachus

3. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.
4. bachus - cider,  mead
Dominik (bachus)

John_C

3. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.
4. bachus - cider,  mead
5. JohnC - Pilnser

craiclad

4. bachus - cider,  mead
5. JohnC - Pilnser
6. Craiclad - Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale, Citra IPA

Bubbles

Lads, can ye indicate your preference on date, or else we'll go with the original date of Thur 28th. Ta.

craiclad

Personally I'm happy with the 28th, would love to get some advice on which beers/categories to enter before the official drop off date.

CC

4. bachus - cider,  mead
5. JohnC - Pilnser
6. Craiclad - Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale, Citra IPA
7. CC- Best Bitter

Thurs 28th suits me grand

Bubbles

Bachus has also confirmed for the 28th, so it looks like the date is decided. Sorry it doesn't suit everyone.

molc

It's all good. I'll still try to make it myself - been working on brownie points at home ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

Quote from: molc on January 12, 2016, 02:40:42 PM
It's all good. I'll still try to make it myself - been working on brownie points at home ;)

I won't ask what you're doing to earn those brownie points..  :D

Let me know on the day if you're a defo and I'll bring your tshirts. The demi-john I haven't forgotten about! But it might have to wait until the following month, when I have less baggage to carry! :)

Bubbles

Just a reminder to bring along a sample or two of the beers you're entering in the comp, for one last round of SDB feedback! :)

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on January 12, 2016, 07:50:53 PM
Just a reminder to bring along a sample or two of the beers you're entering in the comp, for one last round of SDB feedback! :)
Early start next morning so might have to be. a flying visit. Need to get my feedback :)

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Bubbles

Lads, I'll be bringing along tshirts next week for the following:

Molc
Lurchalicious
bachus