• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 01, 2024, 09:44:44 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday for National Homebrew Week

Started by danger_zone, August 26, 2015, 09:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danger_zone

So lads, as yis know, I was on to the Bartender (Beerkeeper for us older folk) about having a Brewday and as the manager is new to homebrewing himself he was well up for the idea. I need to email him what date we were thinking and anything else we might need on the day. What do we think? and what do we need?
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Will I get on to the Homebrew Company about a mash kit again? Anyone planning an order anytime soon?
And are the beerkeeper lads on board with us giving out samples?

cronan

Good job Stephen, should be good craic.

Water would be handy for chilling, we would have to see what connection we might need before we arrive.

On power can we run two elements at once.

What system are we going to brew on, at Vantastival we seemed to have way too much equipment with us.

Another mash kit would be good.

danger_zone

Good idea asking Shane for a mashkit

He seemed ok with the samples but I'll get that confirmed. Will we try and get a keg tapped or just the bottles like Vantastival?

I liked your keg set-up Crónán. Maybe use that again? I'll ask about the 2 elements. not sure what way the chilling will work either, there's bugger all room behind the bar. unless they have another source we can use back in the staff area or something.

Do we want to do it indoor or out the back?

What date do we want to do this on

Are ye happy with the venue or will we see if Dan can organise something with The Cross

drinking - whiskey stout

cronan

Will indoor stink the place out.
Isnt there a covered area out the back could extend with a gazebo http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/garden-furniture/pop-up-folding-gazebo/invt/058459
I thought they had a hut out the back maybe water there

Are we lookin to do this a Saturday during the day

helmet

I reckon go with the biab again.
I've sent Shane in THC a mail, hopefully he'll be on for it.
A Saturday sounds good!

itsclinto

I think biab is the way to go. It's simple and clean. Best to do one as it's alot of messing doing two or three.  I think the main 3 things are shelter, a tap and a socket.

Saturday is probably best timewise with a brew being 4 -6 hours and with footfall. Once we've a day and time confirmed a poster or two in the pub might get people talking over the next few weeks.

danger_zone

I saw on another thread that the week runs from Sept 28 to Oct 4, so I'll try and get either the Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th during the day. I'll get started on the email now

drinking - whiskey stout