• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 10:44:16 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[REVIEW] Craft Range Blonde Lager

Started by Chris, June 04, 2014, 10:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I left it at 16 deg and it has dropped to 1.010. I am going to transfer to secondary and dry hop. I am also going to bring temp up to 20deg for a couple of days before dropping it down to 14 for a week before bottling.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Chris

So racked to secondary and dry hopped. Had a little taste and it is very promising. I also bottled 4 bottles before dry hopping so I can do a comparison afterwards.
Secondary:
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale

Chris

So here it is on the left dry hopped craft range blonde lager on the right non dry hopped craft range blonde lager. It is a great kit very pleased with the results. Fantastic clarity, nice straw colour. Very easy drinking slightly fruity with a pleasing bitter after taste. My pallet would not be the most refined but for me the dry hop just brought a little additional hop on the nose but nothing else. All in all a very good and eminently drinkable result.
Secondary:

Partridge9

varadamo

hi all- my first post !
the craft range blonde beer is my second attempt at homebrew ( their stout range is bottled so wont know for another week ) but i note chris said after 24 hours it was chugging away -  this is my third day and still nothing from the airlock !
now there certainly is some foam but its very very quiet -  temp is around 18c   -  the stout i brewed bubbled for several days - is this bad yeast ?
any help is greatful thanks

LordEoin

take a photo of the foam.
it might just be that the bucket is letting the gas out elsewhere.

varadamo

Hi LordEoin  - found the problem -  i fitted a fish tank heater as shown on youtube - the lead comes out the same grommit as the airlock - the gas was getting out there so ive strategically placed some chewing gum over the grommit and its happily chugging away now thanks
;)

johnrm

Chewing gum? Before or after it was chewed? I hope you starsanned it.

LordEoin

chewing gum is a tool of kings.
I had a scooter with one of the mirrors held in with chewing gum for years  :)

Wexbrew

I have also started to make this beer.

It's being sitting in the fermentor since 12/10/14 and as the temperatures dropped this week i'm worried that fermentation may stop.

Temperature was a little over 16 degrees today and the gravity was 1.012; same as the day before.

I added hops today and all going well, I will bottle on Monday.

Chris

Quote from: Wexbrew on October 22, 2014, 11:41:04 PM
I have also started to make this beer.

It's being sitting in the fermentor since 12/10/14 and as the temperatures dropped this week i'm worried that fermentation may stop.

Temperature was a little over 16 degrees today and the gravity was 1.012; same as the day before.

Don't worry about it dropping to 16 deg I fermented this kit at 16deg and it fermented out quite nicely.
Secondary:

Wexbrew

I let it sit for another week and it stayed at 1.012.

I added 146 grams of sugar in boiling water into a secondary 5 gallon drum and siphoned the beer in and then bottled.

I got 45 500ml bottles, most of which were glass.

Anyone know the estimated starting gravity of this beer; I really hope it'll end up over 4% abv at this rate!

Chris

Quote from: Wexbrew on October 31, 2014, 11:55:33 PM

Anyone know the estimated starting gravity of this beer; I really hope it'll end up over 4% abv at this rate!

My OG for this beer was 1.056 which would give you an ABV of 5.68%
Secondary:

Wexbrew

Brilliant :)

The box says that the expected abv is 4.4% and the instructions say that it should be bottled at a final gravity of 1.009; I just assumed that my 1.012 would result in a brew with a lower abv.