• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:46:38 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club Meet - Thursday 10th March - Ice Wharf

Started by irish_goat, March 02, 2016, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

The Ice Wharf have kindly offered to host us next week. I've 3 beers which are being judged this weekend so I'll bring those along. Shall we say 7pm?

1. Thomas - APA, Dark Mild, IPA

If you're coming along add yourself to the list. No beer necessary but if you have any available for sampling we normally bring 2 bottles along.

Juliogdiana

Quote from: irish_goat on March 02, 2016, 11:46:26 AM
The Ice Wharf have kindly offered to host us next week. I've 3 beers which are being judged this weekend so I'll bring those along. Shall we say 7pm?

2. Julio - APA, Maybe Stout if I can bottle it from Tap

If you're coming along add yourself to the list. No beer necessary but if you have any available for sampling we normally bring 2 bottles along.

brendy_éire

7's grand for me.

2. Semi-sweet mead

irish_goat

3. Brendan - semi-sweet mead

Will

Hi folks I'm between Belfast and Derry at the moment but hopefully you won't mind me coming along! I'll even bring a couple of beers..

3. Brendan - semi-sweet mead
4. William - Blonde Ale, Chocolate Milk Stout

irish_goat

There should be a table reserved for us btw, not sure which section but Julie the manager should be able to point it out for whoever arrives first.

irish_goat

Some good beers on show yesterday. Julio's stout had a bit of everything going on, roastiness, coffee, tobacco, chocolate all coming through. Would like to try it on nitro. Will's stout was all chocolate and lactose and very drinkable as opposed to a lot of other chocolate stouts that can be overly sweet and cloying after a few.

Hoping to brew this coming week myself so should have a beer ready in 4-5 weeks then.

Will

Really good night. Enjoyed all the beers on offer. Brendans Mead was interesting! I'll get the Chocolate Stout recipe posted once I get back to Belfast.

Jonkil

Excellent night and some really interesting drinks, especially the stouts that were really good.
Looking forward to that recepie Will, excellent stuff.
JD's at the Ice Wharf is a great venue, good food and excellent staff.
Here's to the next Maiden City Brewers meet up !

Tom

Leann ull

Tom

Aye, home brewed tea. Isn't that what this forum is all about?