• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 17, 2024, 02:31:05 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Smithwicks Summer Ale Comp

Started by irish_goat, March 18, 2017, 02:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny

Quote from: brianbrewed on April 11, 2017, 07:18:52 PM
Can we physically drop off the bottles at the address in Dublin???

Yes, I did so today. There is a little desk immediately on the left when you go in the door.

Dr Brown Ale

I went in today and asked about Storage, a girl told me the beers were being stored in a fridge on that premises, being transported in a refridgerated van to be stored in a fridge "somewhere in Diageo".

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I'm dropping mine in tomorrow.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Donny

SprocketFuel

More than will admit I'd say.

I did for he laugh, had the last two of my bottles for it the other night, lost a lot of the aroma from when i tasted it at entry dead line  :(

tommy

How many Wit beers entered!  ;)
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

SprocketFuel

Any one heard anything back? Winner, feedback ect?

brianbrewed

When are the results out???
I thought they were due out early June.

johnrm

Sure its early June up to the 29th

SprocketFuel

they replied to a few facebook posts yesterday, they have contacted the winner and will be brewing this month

Dr Brown Ale

Quote from: Stecleary84 on June 09, 2017, 09:16:29 AM
they replied to a few facebook posts yesterday, they have contacted the winner and will be brewing this month
absolutely abysmal situation given the promises we were given beforehand.

beerfly

the winner will also be offically be announced after the brewday

Hingo

Quote from: Beechlawn Brewing on June 12, 2017, 09:44:39 AM
Quote from: Stecleary84 on June 09, 2017, 09:16:29 AM
absolutely abysmal situation given the promises we were given beforehand.

Tis a terrible tragedy altogether. 

They emailed me this morning at 8am . Assuming none of the other NHC lads have had a chance to read it yet. They've concluded a final winner, basically they wanted to ensure from the winner that T's & C's could be met first (or move to 2nd place winner etc)

Anyway - The first place winner was confirmed- official announcement from Smithwicks is due after the brewday. I won't ruin that for them by posting it here, but I can assure you it's coming.

The homebrew entry that won was very good, hopefully the brewery version follows the same.

Slev

There has been a winner... And its one of our own! Donny of this parish, ( and the resurrected South Central Brewers)  was chosen as the overall winner, with a lime and mango infused beer  going by the name " Jamaican Me Crazy".
He had been asked to keep things under wraps by the smithwicks folk, until they had things in order.
Tis a great day for the parish of the South Central  Brewers really.

johnrm