• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 13, 2024, 08:36:40 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Virgin Keg Under Pressure.

Started by Greg2013, June 18, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Woodfordes Wherry being kegged, following advice  i put the keg under 2 Bar(30psi) and rocked it like a baby  Then 24hrs later i will be dropping it to 1 bar and letting it sit until Wednesday evening. Then dropping it to around 10-12psi for serving  ???
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Padraic

Looks good! I'll have to get my own ones up and running!

Cathal O D

Whats the tin foil for in the first pic?

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Cathal O D on June 21, 2013, 10:55:25 AM
Whats the tin foil for in the first pic?
It prevents alien lurgiebeans from contacting home base about a possible feeding area to help grow their army of lurgiebeans.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Greg2013

LOL Dempsey spot on ;D

Cathal its to prevent any nasties getting in while syphoning from fv to keg, just a precaution, have had too many mishaps so far to risk it. ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

johnrm

Good man deadman.

I squirt in a CO2 blanket into secondary if syphoning from primary, then pop on a loosely fittng lid on secondary to keep everything in place.

Greg2013

The only trouble is now that i have one i want more ::)