• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:07:16 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

REPORT ON Yet again; another Kildare brewday 3rd Brewday this week!

Started by brenmurph, January 24, 2014, 08:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Tomorrow we meet again at South Kildare brewers.
Its a Scottish 70 shilling this time inspired by the Dublin ladies beer nuts who we are welcoming to Kildare for the first time.
They are brewing for the Nationals.

As usual plenty room so drop in for an hour or the weekend, plenty beer tastings, food, banter and craic as usual.
This week we are on our third mash, having made the  Marzen last saturday and the Bohemian pilsner on sat, we have been bottling and kegging all week as we have a load of beers in the Nationals, all available for tasting tomorrow.

tasting mature beers:

Spiced schwartsbier
Vienna lager
Real stout
Spice Pumpkin ale
Bohemian pils
Polish lager schwartsbier
American pale 1 & 2
This years cider

and more

DEMPSEY

Good luck on the brew/drink day. Some of us have to keep the Country running. :(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

brenmurph

some weekend deres a taxi strike we will get ya to a brewday here :) ;)

Beerbuddha

I hope to be there 4ish. It will be my first time to meet other homebrewers and i know you cannot collect steam in a bucket or go to hardware to collect glass hammer !  :D
Im sure you will go easy on me. I also have brewing surplus i can donate if there is a place for such things?
IBD Member

Ciderhead

Brendan asked me to polish ice cubes on my first visit.
You really couldn't be in a better interpretive centre to learn how to Homebrew!

MisterBurns

To think I used to live down the road in Kilcock and only learned of this oasis of brewing after I moved Whest!

brenmurph

Lads and lassies... we had a fabulous day yesterday. The ladies had a fantastic experience and were amazed at everything.
Thanks to our newest member 'beer buddagh'  for the gifts, they certainly will go to good use.
Rueben and Hillary our most regular guests once again enjoyed our fine selection of beer, cider and not least whiskey and wine tasting of beverages that were at various stages of completeness.

Our brew pics and videos will be on the Dublin ladies meet up club and I will post a link, they has a whale of a time and the competition brew is top notch. Our system worked fantastically well following the devellopment of a new insulated mash kettle with a hat :) and the programmed PID automatically maintained a perfect 65c for an hour and quarter. WE didnt oversparge this one and got a 78% return.

We innoculated with a previous batch's (well-proven house yeast) starter and hey presto fermenting within an hour or two and a wonderfull yeast cake this morning so again healthy, hard working yeast. Flavour...we will see in march when its judged :)

This morning Hillary Bottled up the October special beer we made as a joing effort and it is clear, tasty with an amazing aroma. Despits a mash breakdown that day and a massive payload to be redirected (9kg grain and 2kg pumpkins overloaded our system) but we survived and resulting beer is definatly in with a chance. Good luck Hillary after 2 hours caramelising that pumpkin over a stove ;D :D
Another fab day with fab people this time including the Dublin ladies as special guests :)

roll on the next one...if ye want inspiration to get along to our next one just talk to reuben who seems like he would take a bedsit off me if I had one going or read any of our brew report posts from the past dozen NHC meets in the past year.
To see feedback from our latest new member read here http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,5509.0.html

brenmurph

We do try :) we are blessed with a great club base and great people around us on our events :)

SlugTrap

Car didn't cooperate that morning; sorry to miss it. Hopefully next time!