• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 06:48:59 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Igloo 10 Gallon Barrel Mash Tun

Started by Damien M, May 31, 2013, 04:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garry

mr hoppy

Wow! How big a brew can you fit in that thing?

Garry

I dunno? It's 40l. The last brew I did had about 6kg grist and it was just over half full (I think)!

mr hoppy

Tom

So are these any good for the converted keg copper/brewkettle type setup?

ferg

Quote from: Il Tubo on May 31, 2013, 07:38:13 PM
Been busy myself too...

€6 stainless steel 30cm candle holder from Ikea.

Wow that's a lot more affordable than the 40 euro false bottom off the homebrew company. Did you have to cut the slits yourself?

ferg

I need one for my boiler/biab set up. Would the same size slits be right for that?

Sorcerers Apprentice

I brought a Home Depot 10 gallon one back from Florida, it's the orange one that they dump on the coach's head after winning a match. I've bought the smaller of the 2 candle bases from Ikea.( actually I bought them both as I hadn't measured the base beforehand and didn't realise there was a choice, the bigger one is €8 ) I had planned on drilling about a 100 x 2mm holes but the slots look a whole lot easier and quicker. Does it run off clear from the slotted bottom?
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

Ciaran

Quote from: Sorcerers Apprentice on March 15, 2014, 09:15:02 AM
I brought a Home Depot 10 gallon one back from Florida

Interesting.  I'll be passing through there in the summer - any baggage charges?  Did check in say much to you when you sat that up on the scales :)

Sorcerers Apprentice

My gang had gone mad in Abercrombir/Holister etc and we needed another case, so rather than buy a case I bought the cooler and filled it with their clothes, I think the extra case charge was either $40 or $60 but I was going to have to an pay extra baggage charge anyway so I thought that I might as well get some benefit from it and bought the cooler. I'm sure the cooler cost $39 in Home Depot. I left visiting a homebrew shop until our second week which was in Naples and the shop I was planning to visit had closed down. We're heading over again next year. I will order goodies online and have them delivered to my hotel, probably order them before I go there to make sure they arrive on time.
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

Ciaran

Cheers.  That's a great idea.  Time to have a think about what home brew related paraphernalia I could fill one with in the meantime.

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Sorcerers Apprentice on March 15, 2014, 11:51:02 AM
My gang had gone mad in Abercrombir/Holister etc and we needed another case, so rather than buy a case I bought the cooler and filled it with their clothes, I think the extra case charge was either $40 or $60 but I was going to have to an pay extra baggage charge anyway so I thought that I might as well get some benefit from it and bought the cooler. I'm sure the cooler cost $39 in Home Depot. I left visiting a homebrew shop until our second week which was in Naples and the shop I was planning to visit had closed down. We're heading over again next year. I will order goodies online and have them delivered to my hotel, probably order them before I go there to make sure they arrive on time.
Aah the enginuity of a man with years of rearing children. ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us