• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 30, 2024, 06:45:32 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Capital Brewday (4th October) [National Homebrewing Day Event]

Started by Shane Phelan, September 01, 2014, 07:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane Phelan

I'm giving plenty of notice for the next brewday so if any Dublin CC based people are asking in the RDS for a brewday there is a fixed date.

Venue: Tog, Chancery Lane, Dublin 8 (www.tog.ie)
Cost: Free (Donations will be accepted by tog to pay for their electricity/rent costs)

Format:
Brewing -  All Grain, possibly Extract
Beers - I'll be bringing a few of mine, hopefully others can bring theirs
Building - Has anyone got anything they might like to build during the event (ie a stir-plate perhaps)?

Kick off at 10:30 (finishes around 4.30 depending on the complexity of the brew's), see you there! If the weather is good that weekend we can plan out the logistics for a full barbecue for breakfast and lunch. We can see about that closer to the time. I'm hoping to try and cascade brews with some one starting early, before lunch and maybe after lunch. I have got splitters for the water supply so multiple brewers can chill at the same time.

Confirmed Brewers:
Shiny - AG IPA - Brewed on Braumeister
Hingo - Extract Brew - Brewed on TOG Equipment

Attendee's

01. Shiny (Irish Red Ale, Mixed Berry Cider)
02. Ciaran (1st AG Pale Ale)
03. Hingo (I'll see what I have ready by then) Leave it with me, I might do an extract brew.
04. NormanBrew (I will brew my wheat beer and I should be able to bring my last stout, should be ready by then...)
05. Brew_Diva. (IPA)
06. Dr Jacoby (Munich Helles + Vienna Lager)
07. Beerfly
08. DCBrewing (APA)
09. Markc (Nelson Saison. Checking out the Braumeister, muck in and see how other people do things really!)
Brew Log

phoenix

I might brew also, depending I whether I can get some more all grain experience before then
Ciaran

Shane Phelan

What better place to cut your teeth?  ;)
Brew Log

Hingo

03. Hingo (I'll see what I have ready by then) Leave it with me, I might do an extract brew.

-Still haven't tried to fix my kettle since the element shorted out, went back to extract partial boils on he cooker. Keen to see the Braumeister in action as am leaning in just cutting out the BS and just going out & getting one. (No more of this DIY non-sense)

Will be Volunteering at the RDS, will try do some recruiting for the day.

molc

September 03, 2014, 05:34:27 PM #4 Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:45:56 PM by molc
I'll pop my head in to check out the braumeister in action at least. Same as bingo, thinking of getting one and just going AG in one go :)

04. Molc (Looking over shoulders and will bring a few bottles of something along)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

NormanBrew

04. Molc (Looking over shoulders and will bring a few bottles of something along)
05. NormanBrew (I will brew my wheat beer and I should be able to bring my last stout, should be ready by then...)

So it will be my first time there as I just joined, how does that work, can I just bring my equipment, plug it in and let's rock 'n'roll?!!

I'll be at the RDS on Sunday.

Bye

Brew_Diva

05. NormanBrew (I will brew my wheat beer and I should be able to bring my last stout, should be ready by then...)
06. Brew_Diva. (IPA)

Dr Jacoby

06. Brew_Diva. (IPA)
07. Dr Jacoby (Munich Helles + Vienna Lager)
Every little helps

Shane Phelan

Quote from: NormanBrew on September 05, 2014, 02:01:29 AM

So it will be my first time there as I just joined, how does that work, can I just bring my equipment, plug it in and let's rock 'n'roll?!!

I'll be at the RDS on Sunday.

Bye

Pretty much! There will be at least 3 people brewing so we might stagger the brews slightly so that people are not competing for water for chilling.
Brew Log

NormanBrew

That's cool, I'll bring all the brewing stuff then!

Shane Phelan

Great! PM me if you have any questions!
Brew Log

molc

Won't be brewing this time, but plan to in the future. Is there parking at Tog, or do you just drop your stuff off and then bus it back in usually?
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shane Phelan

It's possible to get 4 cars into TOG but with all the people brewing it would be very tight so maybe 2 or 3.
Brew Log

Sebastian616

I just heard about the NHC and Capital brewers over the weekend and was very interested in the brew-days etc.

I'd love to pop my head in and would be more than happy to bring a few of my own brews. Likely a raspberry/lime wheat beer.

I wouldn't mind doing an all-grain brew but being car-less I don't think carrying 20 litres across town would be the best plan!

Shane Phelan

Hi Sebastian, by all means come along! We have a good few brewing anyway so definitely bring a couple of bottles of your beer and see the set-ups.  ;)
Brew Log